• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - WF Women Struggling In Moon Golf Invitational

many junior colleges have courses in desert hydration; however those course are not accepted at WF

it's also covered during the crucial extra weeks of football bowl practice

BBL participants know about it since they compete against bigger, stronger players

(just kidding Blue, it's all good)

Which means you can dehydrate without knowing it. Sweat evaporates as fast as it is produced. So you don't feel like you are losing water. Guys will need about a liter of water (or sports drink) every hour.

Well I just learned something new. Makes sense

The Deacs will be in the 2nd to last grouping of the day and will be starting between 12:25 and 1:09 local time -- just when the heat will be peaking. Deacs are grouped with Illinois and Pepperdine.

The lineup:

Eric Bae
Michael Brennan
Parker Gillam
Mark Power
Alex Fitzpatrick

The forecast for Scottsdale today between noon and 5:00 is sunny and 95-99 degrees.
This is going to be tough. Hope we’re not wearing black.

Course is playing tough. 15 teams currently playing and only one, TCU, is under par. While they are playing the same course as the NCAA women, from the tips, Gray Hawk is almost 1000 yards longer than the tees that ladies played.

Last edited:
Wake women finished like they hit a dehydration fatigue wall at the end. Guys need to learn from that.

Which means you can dehydrate without knowing it. Sweat evaporates as fast as it is produced. So you don't feel like you are losing water. Guys will need about a liter of water (or sports drink) every hour.

Better have some electrolytes in whatever is going in your body. I know a guy whose daughter ended up in the hospital with water poisoning, or whatever it is called, from drinking nothing but water while playing tennis in the heat in Palm Springs. You sweat out electrolytes/sodium - and replacing that with just plain water can lead to some serious issues.

Better have some electrolytes in whatever is going in your body. I know a guy whose daughter ended up in the hospital with water poisoning, or whatever it is called, from drinking nothing but water while playing tennis in the heat in Palm Springs. You sweat out electrolytes/sodium - and replacing that with just plain water can lead to some serious issues.

I have low blood sodium issues and was hospitalized after the UNC football game in 2019 when I drank too much water both before and during the game. This happens to long distance runners at times. Hard to believe drinking too much water could kill you.

Tied for 19th. What a surprise. Most underachieving team/coach I have ever seen.

You are100% correct!

I agree but doubt it will happen. Goal seems to be for the gold team to me good early and bad late. Our record under Haas in the ACC and NCAA is truly pathetic and Walter has had one good season

looks like the Deacs are tied for 10th, and I am a big fan of Haas.

Some of you guys are really shitty fans.

No kidding. Wish all of our coaches would have in their 23 seasons at the helm, 21 Regionals appearances and 11 NCAA finals appearances. Do we have any other programs with that sustained success? The answer is NO!

No kidding. Wish all of our coaches would have in their 23 seasons at the helm, 21 Regionals appearances and 11 NCAA finals appearances. Do we have any other programs with that sustained success? The answer is NO!

With our facilities, alumni, program prestige, and administrative support, not qualifying for the NCAAs every year should be a borderline fireable offense. You think Hubert Davis will last 23 seasons at UNC if he only makes 11 NCAA tournaments?

How many teams make the regionals? How many make the NCAA finals? Those don’t seem like very high bars at all in NCAA golf. Hasn’t the women’s team gone 23 for 23 regionals and 16 NCAA finals during that time (with some ACC championships in there too)?

Back