• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - WF Women Struggling In Moon Golf Invitational

WF wore long pants (khakis) and black shirts yesterday. So, the tradition continued. At least, the Deacs are playing early today.

Love that the Deacs wear pants, mirrors the PGA rule and makes the team look a little more professional/serious. Can't think of a more absurd thing to harp on - today's fabric options for golf pants are so light and airy it's basically a non-issue, especially considering how young these guys are.

I guess this is what happens when fans don't really get much insight into how practice, preparation, or ground-level coaching works for a sport... We complain about pants.

Love that the Deacs wear pants, mirrors the PGA rule and makes the team look a little more professional/serious. Can't think of a more absurd thing to harp on - today's fabric options for golf pants are so light and airy it's basically a non-issue, especially considering how young these guys are.

I guess this is what happens when fans don't really get much insight into how practice, preparation, or ground-level coaching works for a sport... We complain about pants.

If we're going old-school for no logical reason, let's do it right. Why not use wooden shafts and leather balls? No half measures.

Tied for 19th. What a surprise. Most underachieving team/coach I have ever seen.

you must not watch much of our basketball maybe because your standards are higher. Championships are very hard to win. Top 30 teams make it so some good ones are sitting home and we are 10th so far.
not too shabby IMHO. I love traditions too but long pants in AZ May is idiotic.

If we're going old-school for no logical reason, let's do it right. Why not use wooden shafts and leather balls? No half measures.

Also, it appears no other teams are wearing pants.

Also, it appears no other teams are wearing pants.

Of course not. Breathable or not, no way in hell you wear pants in Arizona in late May. Just unnecessarily dumb.

Second worst round on the course- dropped from 10th to 19th already. Time to turn things around
Course doesn't seem to be playing hard- some good rounds happening

Last edited:
Pretty much every professional tour requires pants. Even when it's hot. Dudes in their 40's walk 4 straight days with zero issue. Such a silly thing to focus on, costs us zero actual golf strokes.

5th seed Texas in 4th to last place, guess they might want to go with shorter shorts.

Ugh, team dropped 6 strokes in the last 3 holes - that's the difference between now and 7th place.

Pretty much every professional tour requires pants. Even when it's hot. Dudes in their 40's walk 4 straight days with zero issue. Such a silly thing to focus on, costs us zero actual golf strokes.

Why do you think no other college team wears pants?

Probably coach's choice. Another reason it is time for Haas to go

Why do you think no other college team wears pants?

Because amateur events don't require them. Pro events do. It takes like 2 seconds of image search to find dozens and dozens of collegiate golf teams in pants, even out west. I find it odd that Wake does it all the time, but at the same time can recognize it doesn't make a lick of difference in how they score. One of the Ga Tech guys wore pants yesterday by choice, shot their low round of the day. I guess he is insane and would have shot the course record in shorts.

I simply can't think of anything dumber to argue about when it comes to golf. The home of Arnold Palmer has a tradition of wearing pants like the pros do? Oh, the horror. I'm trying to think of an equally pointless thing folks could argue about - maybe we don't allow flat-brim hats that would technically provide better face shade? Or no mock neck shirts that might allow for added swing freedom? Think of all the strokes they could shed from these finishes!

5th seed Texas in 4th to last place, guess they might want to go with shorter shorts.

Ugh, team dropped 6 strokes in the last 3 holes - that's the difference between now and 7th place.

Wildly enough the pga tour generally schedules warmer climates earlier in the year.. The big exception being Memphis. And the pros all wear shorts during practice rounds. I don't think it's a huge deal. But it's unnecessary nonetheless

Better have some electrolytes in whatever is going in your body. I know a guy whose daughter ended up in the hospital with water poisoning, or whatever it is called, from drinking nothing but water while playing tennis in the heat in Palm Springs. You sweat out electrolytes/sodium - and replacing that with just plain water can lead to some serious issues.

It’s called hyponatremia.

My dad got it after his first Ironman in Canada in 1998. Unseasonably hot temperatures and he was drinking water the whole day. He ended up in the medical tent with an IV but it took several tries to find a decent vein.

It’s called hyponatremia.

My dad got it after his first Ironman in Canada in 1998. Unseasonably hot temperatures and he was drinking water the whole day. He ended up in the medical tent with an IV but it took several tries to find a decent vein.

Hyponatremia means "low sodium." There are many other electrolytes that also need replacement, such as potassium, magnesium, etc.

Your dad likely was also dehydrated, which is what makes it hard to find a vein.

Nice bounce back to close the front, need Eric to put up a nice back 9. Looks like most of the teams putting up good numbers this morning started on the back, and the afternoon will likely see higher scores. Not a lost cause by any means at this point...

In 2015 Noah Rubin tweeted that he was prepping for the NCAA tournament and included a pic of a car trunk filled with pedialyte bottles (this is great way to replace electrolytes). The Wake golf Twitter responded with a pic of their team "prepping" and they were eating ice cream. Noah won ACC freshman and player of the year and went to the NCAA singles final. The golf team, which included Will Zalatoris, didn't make it out of the regionals.

Damn. Bad double bogie for Fitzpatrick on the par 5. Knocks us from 12 to 16.

Is today the top-15 cut?

Good. We are playing mediocre at best right now. Will probably need another round after today.

Back