• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s ACC Tournament April 18-21

I'm sure they can handle it, but that's not the issue. We're talking about competition at the highest level when a decision that that could hurt endurance levels on Tuesday or Weds just doesn't seem smart.

Yes, it is the issue in my opinion. Several of us think it has zero to negligible bearing on their endurance. You just disagree.

Looks as though the boys made it through to match play. Tied for 7th with the Holes and no other team within striking distance barring a miracle round. Congrats, guys.

Looks as though the boys made it through to match play. Tied for 7th with the Holes and no other team within striking distance barring a miracle round. Congrats, guys.
Cut down to 8 is after tomorrow

Lost in the talk of the team play is that Parker Gillam shot 64 today and is only four back of the individual leader. Probably equivalent to a 59 in shorts.

As the Deacs continue to wear light weight pants, their game has picked up. to step up one more notch and get to final 8, they should wear some ski pants tomorrow.

This board really needs to care more about golf and understand how the tournaments work. Both programs are playing at a high level and will continue to be elite in the future. It’s our sport with the best history and consistency of performance. I for one am glad to be pissed that the girls didn’t win the Natty. It’s great to have soccer and golf to expect to compete for conference and national championships every year. We seem to be all over baseball and we suck and have for years. Get to know our golf programs, great kids and great parents who love Wake.

Also props to Cam Young for his second consecutive Korn Ferry victory today. Cam was the leader after every round for both wins...maybe unmatched in pro golf. Like Zalatoris caught fire on the KFT and now he’ll have status on the PGA tour next year. With Webb, Will Z and Young Deacs are back. Wishing Haas can find his game soon.

This board really needs to care more about golf and understand how the tournaments work. Both programs are playing at a high level and will continue to be elite in the future. It’s our sport with the best history and consistency of performance. I for one am glad to be pissed that the girls didn’t win the Natty. It’s great to have soccer and golf to expect to compete for conference and national championships every year. We seem to be all over baseball and we suck and have for years. Get to know our golf programs, great kids and great parents who love Wake.

It’s hard to get into sports that you can’t watch. Even though baseball sucks you can literally watch every game.

The final stroke play round is on golf channel tomorrow.

The match play rounds are also televised on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The final stroke play round is on golf channel tomorrow.

The match play rounds are also televised on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Yep. I’ll be watching those but that’s really the first I get to engage with WF golf other than reading recaps in the internet.

The important SCIENCE that these #shorts! posters are missing is that long pants prevent sunburn.

Makes a difference over several days

Well never make up 25 strokes for a title....

I wonder if the NCAA format is described anywhere or might be the same it's been for years for men and women? Duh. Stroke play to get top 8 which then seed your match play elimination rounds. Dial it in 80.

I wonder if the NCAA format is described anywhere or might be the same it's been for years for men and women? Duh. Stroke play to get top 8 which then seed your match play elimination rounds. Dial it in 80.

I think that he was making a reference to what happened 35 years ago today, when we came from 16 down in the final round to win.

Also props to Cam Young for his second consecutive Korn Ferry victory today. Cam was the leader after every round for both wins...maybe unmatched in pro golf. Like Zalatoris caught fire on the KFT and now he’ll have status on the PGA tour next year. With Webb, Will Z and Young Deacs are back. Wishing Haas can find his game soon.

Good info

Many on here follow the golf teams closely. The problem with the men’s team is that they always underperform in the post season. They haven’t won an acc championship in over 3 decades, and obviously it has been even longer since winning an NCAA tournament. Women’s golf has several ACC championships over that time. And our other teams that are consistently highly ranked (men’s tennis and soccer) have NCAA championships, finals, and multiple ACC championships.

Back