• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - WF Women Struggling In Moon Golf Invitational

We're done. Now have the highest stroke total of the top 13 teams for the day at + 17. Unbelievable

We're imploding but nobody shot a 50 over 9 holes.

We couldn't have shit the bed harder if we tried.

What. A. Meltdown.

Only slim chance is we get hot and UNC implodes.

That Fitzpatrick putt they showed from like 5 feet might be one of the worst putts I've ever seen televised that wasn't by Charles Barkley.

These guys could play 36 a day for a month - this is a choke job under pressure, end of story.

So we have a quad a triple 4 doubles 15 bogeys and 3 birdies.

The men decided not to wait and timed their collapse at the beginning of the final round. I doubt that is of consolation to the ladies. Eighteen over par in 13 holes. I guess that qualifies as epic. Maybe it was the pants. Maybe it was poor coaching. Maybe it was fatigue or extended dehydration. Given the performance of the ladies, I would suspect both teams were the victims of dehydration.

The men decided not to wait and timed their collapse at the beginning of the final round. I doubt that is of consolation to the ladies. Eighteen over par in 13 holes. I guess that qualifies as epic. Maybe it was the pants. Maybe it was poor coaching. Maybe it was fatigue or extended dehydration. Given the performance of the ladies, I would suspect both teams were the victims of dehydration.

But the other schools managed hydration ok?

Good news: look like tour pros

Bad news: can't break 40 for nine holes

Two Walker Cup players and we don't make match play. We recruit well. But we've not done shit with a lot of talent over the last few years. Will Z and Cam Young might be two of the best golfers in world at this moment. And we did squat with them. Just disappointing.

Worst round of any team today. We either suck bigly under pressure or hydration/fatigue became an issue.

We're imploding but nobody shot a 50 over 9 holes.
50 or 43. What’s the difference? His score couldn’t count. Well, maybe it will after the guy who shot 40 finishes his round. Epic collapse.

No question that we looked professional as shit firing the worst score in the field today in those pants. That’s next level professionalism there.

Two Walker Cup players and we don't make match play. We recruit well. But we've not done shit with a lot of talent over the last few years. Will Z and Cam Young might be two of the best golfers in world at this moment. And we did squat with them. Just disappointing.

In all fairness, Haas's teams have been awesome in the fall and early spring. They just start shiting the bed once the ACC and NCAA tournaments come around

But the other schools managed hydration ok?

Maybe. Maybe not.

The eight teams to advance were ranked in the Top 11. They played to form. The rest of the field was +32 or worse. I'd suspect heat and dehydration played a role in the elevated scores. 24 of the 30 teams in the final were in the Top 30.

The desert is an entirely different beast. 100 degrees is hot, but 9% humidity is uncommon for most of nation. The lack of moisture in the air makes the difference. It sucks the water from your body. Your body sweats but the moisture is immediately absorbed by the atmosphere so there is no evidence of sweat. If you are fully hydrated the absorption of sweat keeps your body cooler, especially in the shade. The absence of observed sweat fools many into believing they are sufficiently hydrated until it is too late. Add sun and the equation changes for the worse.

My personal experience with the desert was spending two weeks in Tucson in July. 100 degrees by 10am with a high of 115+ every day. Fortunately the natives prepared me and for a change I listened to their advice. The one time I slacked off forcing fluids I paid the price. It only took one lesson. The desert is a cruel teacher.

Last edited:
In all fairness, Haas's teams have been awesome in the fall and early spring. They just start shiting the bed once the ACC and NCAA tournaments come around

I mean if you are going to choke choke big and leave no doubt so not teetering for last few holes. Same story over and over. Wasted talent.

Back