• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - WF Women Struggling In Moon Golf Invitational

I wonder when the last time duke didn't make the nationals.

I wonder when the last time duke didn't make the nationals.

Not counting 2020, 2011. Duke made the NCAA Championship round every year from 1998 until this year except for 2011. Over the last 38 years Duke Women's golf has the most Nattys (7) and is tied for the most national top 10 team finishes (14). Since Kim Llewellen has taken over WF; the Deacs have taken the mantle as the ACC's top women's golf program. Too bad so sad for the Dookies.

Not counting 2020, 2011. Duke made the NCAA Championship round every year from 1998 until this year except for 2011. Over the last 38 years Duke Women's golf has the most Nattys (7) and is tied for the most national top 10 team finishes (14). Since Kim Llewellen has taken over WF; the Deacs have taken the mantle as the ACC's top women's golf program. Too bad so sad for the Dookies.

Didn’t realize Duke’s dominance. Glad to see Wake is taking over.

E2lbCHaWYAAcyNQ.jpg

I’ve seen this photo a hundred times. When was it taken?

That was the 2004 ACC Tournament Championship Game in Greensboro. A great day to be a Duke Hater.

Our old friend Letizia Bagnoli - now playing for FL Atlantic - finished in second place at the Tally regional (1 shot behidn first place) and qualified for the finals. Good for her.

Our old friend Letizia Bagnoli - now playing for FL Atlantic - finished in second place at the Tally regional (1 shot behidn first place) and qualified for the finals. Good for her.

Why did she leave? Did the coach never forgive her for the bogey against Duke in the NCAA?

Why did she leave? Did the coach never forgive her for the bogey against Duke in the NCAA?

I mean, with the way the season played out it's not unreasonable to assume she looked at the composition of the team and wanted to go somewhere where should would start every tournament and not be duking it out for the 5 spot.

I hope she got her degree. I felt sorry for her when she collapsed under all of that pressure. She seemed like a very good player and nice girl. Kind of pretty too.

I hope she got her degree. I felt sorry for her when she collapsed under all of that pressure. She seemed like a very good player and nice girl. Kind of pretty too.

You were doing so well right up until the end there.

Nope, but there is something wrong with being a creep.

Lol Getting the Brent Musberger treatment for recognizing that there are attractive female golfers. If you don’t think attractiveness means a lot to both male and female athletes, you are very naive.

Are you really incapable of not low key going into heat over a female golfer who is less than half your age ? And then making it worse by defending yourself ?

Guess golfstat has had a hard time finding scorers in New Haven. Apparently, the Biomed Amgen Scholars program doesn't allow Yale students time to help with the New Haven regional. As a result, there are some random holes that haven't been scored, but it looks like the Deacs are playing well and leading more than half way through round one. Also, no WF has played the two par 5s yet, which could/should be scoring opportunities.

Lol Getting the Brent Musberger treatment for recognizing that there are attractive female golfers. If you don’t think attractiveness means a lot to both male and female athletes, you are very naive.

Yes but you don't reference the handsome male golfers, do you? Just don't be that guy. And when you're called out on it, recognize what you're doing and quit instead of doubling down.

Sorry. I don’t see anything wrong with saying something innocuous about the attractiveness of a female athlete. Rachel is very attractive. Is that creepy too? Geez.

hope the team is getting to Pepe's Pizzeria for the best pizza on the planet during their stay in New Haven

Back