• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - WF Women Struggling In Moon Golf Invitational

I looked at the line-up on Golfstat last night, and he was in there in the number one position. I assume that is based on a submission from the Wake coaching staff, so it looks like something happened in the last day that changed that. Injury? Illness? Hopefully nothing major that will limit his ability to play in the NCAAs. I think he also has the Walker Cup coming up soon.

And granted that they're only about 1/6th through the stroke play part, but it's become comical had bad Wake does in the ACC mens golf championship. It doesn't matter where they play it, we are basically guaranteed to under-perform. Maybe they can eventually rally and get into the 4th spot, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

another choke job by Jerry and the boys. I amazed he can keep his job (I'm sure he keeps his job because of his last name) . He and Walter should go.

I spoke with Alex numerous times last week at the Women's ACC and he seemed fine and was looking forward to this week. Hard to believe we haven't won an ACC Men's title in 32 years.

Our women's team is now the crown jewel of Wake golf

another choke job by Jerry and the boys. I amazed he can keep his job (I'm sure he keeps his job because of his last name) . He and Walter should go.

It's only day one, and hopefully they can rally. But yeah, he should have been asked to resign years ago, but it will never happen. I've made my personal and program-wide issues with Jerry clear for years. Our postseason results have been anemic for a couple of decades now.

With our history, facilities, the AP scholarship, etc. any former player with a pulse would be able to have Wake in the top 10 consistently. Coaches at other schools, notably OK St and Ga Tech, must be doing something much different to better prepare and motivate their players for the tournaments that really count. Golf coaching is a weird mix of babysitting, cheerleading, motivating, and helping players with their games.

Teams with 3 Top 100 players playing in this tournament:

FSU 5 (1, 19, 45, 89, 98)
Clem 3 (10, 14, 75)
NCST 3 (24, 47, 94)
UNC 3 (50, 60, 83)

WF 2 (35, 71)

We'll see whether they can overcome losing Fitzpatrick, but this field is stacked.

(Obviously this does not excuse the past 32 years)

Is Fitzpatrick out of the entire tournament(including match play if we advance) since he's not in today's lineup, or could he return over the next few days?

Teams with 3 Top 100 players playing in this tournament:

FSU 5 (1, 19, 45, 89, 98)
Clem 3 (10, 14, 75)
NCST 3 (24, 47, 94)
UNC 3 (50, 60, 83)

WF 2 (35, 71)

We'll see whether they can overcome losing Fitzpatrick, but this field is stacked.

(Obviously this does not excuse the past 32 years)

What is Fitzpatrick's ranking?

WF posted a team picture from yesterday's practice round on twitter
and Fitzpatrick was included. Crazy that WF's top player is now missing the event.

Heading into the ACC Tourney, Fitzpatrick was the #5 rated college player, and the #2 rated ACC player.

Disappointing day...we’ll need to make up 5 shots just to get into the top 4. Can’t believe we continue to not even be a factor in the ACC tournament.

The woman again will compete for a national championship...not sure the men will make it through the regionals

Saturday's final round of stroke play has been postponed. They will play the 3rd round tomorrow in the morning and he semis matchplay round in the pm. WF is 5 shots out of the last matchplay spot. Sounds like Fitzpatrick (back issues) will try to play if WF advances to matchplay.

Looks like Fitz can rest his back for a while longer...

Man watching the updates is brutal. Just when we get some momentum we tack on a bogey and a double on top of it to drop 3 shots. So close.

Back