• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - Women’s ACC Tournament April 18-21; Men's ACCT April 19-22

If Fitz had played and shot even par on Friday we’d be tied for sixth right now

If Fitz had played and shot even par on Friday we’d be tied for sixth right now

You have to think he was really hurting Friday , as after tying for the lowest round today, he can’t qualify for the individual championship.

The poor finish to the round yesterday pushed the Deacs below the cut line, but also pushed them into a much later start time. Deacs tee off starting at 11:40. The teams they are chasing all tee off starting at 8:00 or earlier. Morning scores have been lower this week.

Having the NCAA Championship at a location where the weather throughout the day has such a huge impact on the results is just awful.

Having the NCAA Championship at a location where the weather throughout the day has such a huge impact on the results is just awful.

Very clearly the venue doesn't suit either our men or women. Both came into the event on a hot streak and just didn't play well.
Here's hoping for better fortunes today!

Very clearly the venue doesn't suit either our men or women. Both came into the event on a hot streak and just didn't play well.

Only 1 off now with top 10 teams all under par but some of the ones we are chasing coming back to us before we tee off. #11-15 have all given up shots. Texas has moved to 8th and started the day only 6 in front of us.

Not sure if you intended to say this, but Wake’s hot streak was ended by the weather’s hot streak.

Before we tee off, we are now tied at 14, 5 shots out of 8th. Texas and ASU, go figure, with great rounds so far. The cream is rising to the top.

Wake probably needs to be in the +2 to +4 range to make the cut, but the difference between 15 and 8 probably won't be more than a few strokes.

I would bet Ole Miss holds the 15th spot by day’s end. They are +36 with a few holes left. Lots of teams with lots of afternoon holes remaining. Wake needs to separate itself. Top 8 looks very feasible now.

But still 20+ out so no chance at a title..

Huh. You just need to be top 8 and then becomes match play. So only 5 strokes out of match play and then anything can happen including winning a natty.

I would bet Ole Miss holds the 15th spot by day’s end. They are +36 with a few holes left. Lots of teams with lots of afternoon holes remaining. Wake needs to separate itself. Top 8 looks very feasible now.

I’m betting Oregon’s +36 will be 15th as they are done and the four teams above them including current 15th place team are on course and over par. I think a +7 gets us in without playoff, but would love near par and just 3-5 shots off 8th. The boys can definitely pull that and even go neg.

I’m betting Oregon’s +36 will be 15th as they are done and the four teams above them including current 15th place team are on course and over par. I think a +7 gets us in without playoff, but would love near par and just 3-5 shots off 8th. The boys can definitely pull that and even go neg.

We destroyed the front 9 yesterday going -4 thanks mostly to Fitz, so would be great if we can finish off the back 9 near even here over next outlet holes. Fitz and Parker with birdies helps!

We destroyed the front 9 yesterday going -4 thanks mostly to Fitz, so would be great if we can finish off the back 9 near even here over next outlet holes. Fitz and Parker with birdies helps!

Sorry we were -2 on front 9 yesterday with Fitz a -4.

So finished back 9 at even which has to be a shot in arm for team. Parker just bogeyed #2 but hoping we can get that back and get back to neg. territory.

The reality is the top 7 appear pretty locked as they have all been consistent and 5+ shots clear of the field. And just so happens they are top 7 ranked teams so showing the rankings are legit. So really going to come down to a battle for that 8th spot and I would bet it’s down to us Tech and Gators for the final spot.

Need to stay within contact of Arkansas. Not out of the question that Texas or ASU could have a bad day tomorrow and come into play.

Back