• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Golf 2024 - WF Women Struggling In Moon Golf Invitational

Right, but then we'll need another jump to get into 8th or better for match play Tuesday. Bummer about Alex and the par 5's. Should be one or two under on those holes, instead he's +3 and as a team we're +1. Most other teams are -3 to -5 on them, which would have us in 8th. We're over par on them across both rounds combined which is killing us.

Eugenio Chacarro is playing well. Unfortunately, he is playing for Ok State.

Going into tomorrow t-8

Looks like our +4 today was actually pretty solid

I mean wearing black and wearing long pants in insanely hot weather when you don't have to seems like a poor tactical decision. It isn't just today it's hopefully how you're playing 3 or 4 days from now as well where endurance is a factor.

Last edited:
Probably would be in first place if they were wearing shorts.

Probably even better than that. When you shed the extra 10 pounds of quadruple-weight cotton, eliminate the chafing, the testicular discomfort, the leg hair twists, the added knee pressure, the lower body rotational resistance... It's gotta be 10 strokes per player. They'd literally shoot 59 every time if they were allowed to play in jogging shorts and sleeveless workout shirts. Maybe someday.

Tell that to our early overreactionary pants hating posters. OMG how did they do it?

What fun is being a fan if we can't be wildly reactionary to the ebbs and flows of college kid sports?

To be fair, the pants thing is still stupid. And also to be fair, we've got a very strong history of underachieving in men's golf- hence the freaking out. I mean will Z is one of the best players in the world right now and Cameron Young is dominating the KFT. And we did zilch with that talent.

Let's make match play boys!

When I was waiting to pick up some lunch they were showing highlights from the tournament. The individual leader, Bo Jin of Ok State, was wearing pants.

I mean wearing black and wearing long pants in insanely hot weather when you don't have to seems like a poor tactical decision. It isn't just today it's hopefully how you're playing 3 or 4 days from now as well where endurance is a factor.

We are talking about 20 year olds playing golf, right? They can handle it.

We are talking about 20 year olds playing golf, right? They can handle it.
I'm sure they can handle it, but that's not the issue. We're talking about competition at the highest level when a decision that that could hurt endurance levels on Tuesday or Weds just doesn't seem smart.

What's really amazing is that we're doing pretty well today despite the coaching staff requiring everyone to wear these new sporty golf pants...

nanga-best-down-insulated-pants.jpg

Looking like 7 or 8 teams will battle it out tomorrow for the 5-8 spots, tourney has split into 3 tiers essentially.

Steady round today.

We will need Fitzpatrick to play like a top-10 player to stand a chance in match play, if we make it that far.

What a round by Parker. Bogey free 6 under saves the day.

3 strokes better than anyone else in the field at the moment.

Shorts and sun reflecting colors=stronger finish.

Back