• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football - '21 Schedule

A few scheduling notes:

- FSU plays Jacksonville State before playing WF on September 18
- UVA plays UNC the week before playing WF on Friday September 24
- Before playing WF at October 23, Army play at Wisconsin on October 16; WF has a bye before playing Army, which should help prepare for the option
- Duke has a bye before playing WF on October 30
- UNC plays at ND the week before playing WF (good spot for WF) on November 6
- Clemson plays UCONN (essentially a BYE) the week before playing WF on November 20

Key ACC OOC games:

Sept. 4

UGA v. Clemson in Charlotte
Miami v. Bama in Atlanta

Sept. 11

App at Miami
Pitt at TN
NC State at Miss. State

Sept. 18

Michigan St. (KW3) at Miami
NW at Duke
VT at WV

Sept. 25

Mizzou at BC

October 9

ND at VT

October 30

UNC at ND

November 6

WF at UNC

November 13

ND at UVA

November 27

Clemson at S. Carolina
UGA at GT
KY at L'ville

-
-

Last edited:
I really like seeing Ole Miss, and Purdue on our future schedules. All of the games against them were entertaining. Vandy is meh, but they are DOWN right now and have a huge rebuild ahead of them. We should be able to beat them.

UGA vs Clemson should be a great game. Looking for to it.

VT at WVU - Could be more action in the stands and the parking lot than on the field.

Don't recall snow, but it was certainly cold enough for it to happen:
'96, Duncan's senior year. The basketball team signed autographs before the game, and of the announced crowd of 17,000, at least half of them were in line for an autograph.
After the football game, the basketball team played an intra-squad game over at the Joel.
As for the football game, it was really cold/windy, and those aluminum seats and all that concrete made it even more uncomfortable. Bridger had been torn down, so the team was in a huge black/gold tent beyond the end zone. According to Wikipedia we won 17-16, and IIRC we had a late TD to win it; maybe a Thabiti Davis TD reception.
Again not sure if this was the "snow" game, but conditions were sure ripe for it.

I think that's the year. Seems like I remember some flakes, but hey sometimes I forget what I had for lunch so who knows. It was definitely cold enough for it, I went solo because I couldn't find anybody else willing to sit out in the cold to watch two bad teams battle to see who finished all the way in the basement and who finished on the first step up from the basement.

ooh we get Army AND VMI next year? awesome, a military academy and a fake one.

we really need to tell Liberty to get fucked, but guess it's too late for that and not the "Wake Forest way."

UGA vs Clemson should be a great game. Looking for to it.

VT at WVU - Could be more action in the stands and the parking lot than on the field.

Between who gets knocked out in the fights and who passes out from the moonshine, there might be a lot of bodies laying around.

Why the heck does is schedule always front loaded with home games and back loaded with away games?

Could see use winning 8+ if we have luck with health and turnovers.

Our first two or three games are almost always non-ACC games. So, most will be at home.

Don't recall snow, but it was certainly cold enough for it to happen:
'96, Duncan's senior year. The basketball team signed autographs before the game, and of the announced crowd of 17,000, at least half of them were in line for an autograph.
After the football game, the basketball team played an intra-squad game over at the Joel.
As for the football game, it was really cold/windy, and those aluminum seats and all that concrete made it even more uncomfortable. Bridger had been torn down, so the team was in a huge black/gold tent beyond the end zone. According to Wikipedia we won 17-16, and IIRC we had a late TD to win it; maybe a Thabiti Davis TD reception.
Again not sure if this was the "snow" game, but conditions were sure ripe for it.

The nadir was actually the 2000 game. we were 0-7, they were 0-8, the weather sucked and it was homecoming. i don't know anyone that actually went to the game but there was a big SEC game on and i think everyone in town went to Freddie Bs instead (RIP).

Why the heck does is schedule always front loaded with home games and back loaded with away games?

Could see use winning 8+ if we have luck with health and turnovers.

Can't blame the ACC:

2015 - 3 of last 4 ACC games were home
2016 - 3 of last 4 ACC games were home
2017 - 3 of last 4 ACC games were home
2018 - 2 of last 4 ACC games were home
2019 - 1 of last 4
2020 - games postponed
2021 - 2 of last 4 ACC games will be at home (with an OOC game at UNC also in the mix)

I can remember some very cold games but cannot remember a true “snow” game for wake. The last regular season game in 08 against Vandy was freezing rain and that was followed up by the bank bowl, which was just frigid. Maryland 06 was pretty damn cold too.

I can remember some very cold games but cannot remember a true “snow” game for wake. The last regular season game in 08 against Vandy was freezing rain and that was followed up by the bank bowl, which was just frigid. Maryland 06 was pretty damn cold too.

Miami '05 was brutal. I remember sitting in our tailgate van after the game in the back of the gold lot with the heat blasting trying to thaw our fingers and toes out. Chris Davis was being interviewed after the game by Stan and he said that Wake would win the ACC the next season. We had a good laugh at that while we warmed up. Who could have known that he was right?

I was at that Vandy game as well, sitting behind Kevin Harris (aka White Lightning)'s family. Sam Swank missed a PAT after setting a record for consecutive makes. But we manhandled Vandy, so at least there was that.

1999 Rutgers, and 2003 Uconn were terrible as well. I remember someone hitting a Rutgers player on the sideline with a beer bottle and it being a big story. That Uconn game was one of the worst days for me as a Wake football fan, so much hope coming into that game and then we proceed to shart our pants for 60 minutes.

Big year for Clawson and the staff. Lots of experience back (most ever?) and the wins are there to be had on that schedule. Fewer than eight will be disappointing. Nine or ten is possible. If Covid is still not under control, all bets are off and the program will get another pass.

The quality of our OOC scheduling improved under Grobe but has stalled out under Clawson. I have given up on ever moving on from the Army love affair. I assume Wake likes that series because the alumni trip to West Point is a good fundraiser.

I was at the '99 Rutgers game, which was in early October, and don't remember it being cold. I was also at the '97 Rutgers game in NJ and it was cold and rainy with MAYBE 8,000 people in the stands. One of the most depressing college FB atmospheres I've ever experienced. But at least we won 'em both.

We played at Vandy one year over thanksgiving and it snowed some during the game. No accumulation though

I much prefer the idea of going to a game at Vandy over West Lafayette or wherever Liberty is.

Back