• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football - '21 Schedule

It's almost like Winston-Salem averages less that 0.1 inches of snowfall in November

I was at the '99 Rutgers game, which was in early October, and don't remember it being cold. I was also at the '97 Rutgers game in NJ and it was cold and rainy with MAYBE 8,000 people in the stands. One of the most depressing college FB atmospheres I've ever experienced. But at least we won 'em both.

I was at that Rutgers game in NJ. It was rainy but I don't remember it being that cold.

I much prefer the idea of going to a game at Vandy over West Lafayette or wherever Liberty is.

No upside to every traveling to Liberty.

I'd prefer a game at Purdue over Vandy, but I also acknowledge that's because I can easily get to a game in West Lafayette and that's not the case for the majority of the fan base.

No upside to every traveling to Liberty.

I'd prefer a game at Purdue over Vandy, but I also acknowledge that's because I can easily get to a game in West Lafayette and that's not the case for the majority of the fan base.

As long as Hugh Freeze is at Liberty, they will be a pain to play.

Big year for Clawson and the staff. Lots of experience back (most ever?) and the wins are there to be had on that schedule. Fewer than eight will be disappointing. Nine or ten is possible. If Covid is still not under control, all bets are off and the program will get another pass.

The quality of our OOC scheduling improved under Grobe but has stalled out under Clawson. I have given up on ever moving on from the Army love affair. I assume Wake likes that series because the alumni trip to West Point is a good fundraiser.

I think you are totally correct. With 20 of 22 starters back including a very experienced Sam Hartman at QB, if we get that offense back that was motoring along in October, we will be damn tough for anybody to stop. The O-line is very tough, got a great WR coming in from Illinois to add depth, damn this could be fun.

As long as Hugh Freeze is at Liberty, they will be a pain to play.

Doesn't matter who the coach is - there's no reason for a Power Five conference member to play a road game against a Group of Five/FCS Independent team outside of Notre Dame or BYU.

Doesn't matter who the coach is - there's no reason for a Power Five conference member to play a road game against a Group of Five/FCS Independent team outside of Notre Dame or BYU.

That's not exactly true anymore. Wake and UNC-CH playing in Boone is not an out of the ordinary occurrence in this era of college football with a 12-game schedule.

Cincinnati will host Indiana, Pitt, Nebraska, BC, and NC State in coming years.

That's not exactly true anymore. Wake and UNC-CH playing in Boone is not an out of the ordinary occurrence in this era of college football with a 12-game schedule.

Cincinnati will host Indiana, Pitt, Nebraska, BC, and NC State in coming years.

Just because something happens doesn't mean it should.

The FBS has added enough bottom-feeders to its ranks that no Power 5 members should have trouble finding one OOC Power 5 opponent, one Group of 5 team willing to take a check for a home date, and an FCS opponent.

yeah, within the ACC:

Miami will play at Temple and at USF
VT will play at ODU (2x) and at Liberty
UVA will play at Liberty (2x)
UNC will play at App and at Georgia State

etc.

Clemson and FSU don't have to do it (yet) so they don't

There is, however, no excuse for all these ACC schools to play at Liberty and legitimize them

The FBS has added enough bottom-feeders to its ranks that no Power 5 members should have trouble finding one OOC Power 5 opponent, one Group of 5 team willing to take a check for a home date, and an FCS opponent.

how big of a check do you think WFU can write?

Over the next decade, VT, UVA, UNC and Duke (along with WF) all play games at Liberty. Cuse played at Liberty in 2019. Scheduling dynamics have changed.

If you say so.

I don't mind doing a 2 for 1 especially in a recruiting area. Playing ODU 2 home 1 away isn't bad.

I think you are totally correct. With 20 of 22 starters back including a very experienced Sam Hartman at QB, if we get that offense back that was motoring along in October, we will be damn tough for anybody to stop. The O-line is very tough, got a great WR coming in from Illinois to add depth, damn this could be fun.

Is he really that good? His stats at Illinois weren't anything special.

Is he really that good? His stats at Illinois weren't anything special.

He's fine and should back up Morin at the Z.

Stats kind of lie here because the QB play at Illinois was atrocious. He's not a world beater/immediate starter but he's not dogshit. No receiver did well in that offense

Instead of academies and Liberty, I’d rather see us play G5 teams from the South. Close to much of our fanbase, good recruiting territory, little chance of cold weather games.

Instead of academies and Liberty, I’d rather see us play G5 teams from the South. Close to much of our fanbase, good recruiting territory, little chance of cold weather games.

Since we rarely play GT, schedule a 2 and 1 with Ga State. They’re and up and coming team and raising Wake’s profile in the Atlanta area should help recruiting. We already have a number of Georgia guys on the team.

Since we rarely play GT, schedule a 2 and 1 with Ga State. They’re and up and coming team and raising Wake’s profile in the Atlanta area should help recruiting. We already have a number of Georgia guys on the team.

Georgia State isn't doing 2 for 1's. They've got home and homes scheduled with UNC-CH, Vanderbilt, and Ga Tech.

Who is doing 2 for 1s? The landscape has changed.

Back