• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football - '21 Schedule

I mean some huge schools might be able to do 2 for ones with group of 5 teams but wake isn't one of those schools. We have been about a savvy in scheduling as any school our size could hope to be.

Would love to get the following on the schedule in the future.
Northwestern/Stanford
TCU
UCF
Cal
San Diego St
Bowling Green
Maryland
Houston
BYU
Charlotte

I mean some huge schools might be able to do 2 for ones with group of 5 teams but wake isn't one of those schools. We have been about a savvy in scheduling as any school our size could hope to be.

Huge football schools would rather buy a game with Georgia State (or similar) than entertain the idea of a 2 for 1.

This thread is a perfect example of why nobody takes the ACC seriously in college football - the only school that even tries to act like it belongs in Clemson.

That's because Clemson is the only one that can pull it off.

turns out, in order to act like you belong while negotiating contracts, you need to actually belong

I was at that Rutgers game in NJ. It was rainy but I don't remember it being that cold.

Wasn't freezing cold, but it was late November in NJ and gray, raw, and miserable - not unlike the state of the program at the time.

Yeah, better to act like third tier Big Ten and SEC schools

You're not sitting across a poker table while negotiating these non-conference contracts.....the other team has a pretty good idea what kind of monetary commitment you can bring to the table (and it depends a lot on whether your stadium seats 40,000 or 80,000).

Huge football schools would rather buy a game with Georgia State (or similar) than entertain the idea of a 2 for 1.

Unless the school is someone like South Florida, who can come to Florida or Florida State and say "hey, we'll do a 2-for-1 and you can have 25,000 tickets to sell at the 1 game at our NFL stadium that we can never fill up". (is what FSU 10 years ago would say....maybe not current FSU)

Doesn't matter who the coach is - there's no reason for a Power Five conference member to play a road game against a Group of Five/FCS Independent team outside of Notre Dame or BYU.

I wasn't addressing where we play them, just that where ever we'd play them, they will be a pain while he's their coach.

Ja’Cquez Williams in the portal

That’s a player that I didn’t expect back. Wish him the best elsewhere. Honestly, don’t think this is a huge hit as our linebackers need a makeover. And we have Smenda for leader. We will be alright.

“What about the attrition?”

In an unprecedented time when we talk only about the attrition, what about the guys we have kept who could h transferred?

We have kept Sulaimon, Johns, Redd, Fox, Jasir Taylor, Smenda, jaqaurii, Hartman, Chapman, Greene, our OL... etc.

That's because Clemson is the only one that can pull it off.

And the only one worth a shit. Just look at the season ending Top 25 the past two seasons. The ACC just plain & simple--SUCKS. We need to step it up on the recruiting front, coaching and especially get with it on paying for top quality OC's & DC's if we want to compete down South with the SEC especially.

There’s something systemically wrong with the program. Losing our strength coordinator must be the reason, look at All these transfers.

There’s something systemically wrong with the program. Losing our strength coordinator must be the reason, look at All these transfers.

2 of the 9 transfers (assuming Jac’Quez + Walker) will have a taken lateral step. The other 7 have gone to significantly weaker programs. That’s not a problem with the program, that’s players wanting more PT.

2 of the 9 transfers (assuming Jac’Quez + Walker) will have a taken lateral step. The other 7 have gone to significantly weaker programs. That’s not a problem with the program, that’s players wanting more PT.

Oh I was 100% brunt sarcastic.

There’s nothing systemically wrong with a program who is constantly rebuilding. It’s sucks to lose Walker, but we can make up for the loss of JacQuez. Good dude and wish him the best.

LB is not a position I target as a postitian where the personnel should stay the same.

Back