• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football - '21 Schedule

There’s something systemically wrong with the program. Losing our strength coordinator must be the reason, look at All these transfers.

Nothing wrong at all with the program. This is the year of Covid. Nobody loses a year of eligibility but everybody gains a year of schooling. They can graduate & transfer, try new things. No big deal. Don't forget that we get transfers also and have taken them for years so it is not like we are virgins at this game. So far this year we have gained an RB from Michigan, a great WR from Illinois & an DE from Michigan. Now, wanna bitch about that?

Nothing wrong at all with the program. This is the year of Covid. Nobody loses a year of eligibility but everybody gains a year of schooling. They can graduate & transfer, try new things. No big deal. Don't forget that we get transfers also and have taken them for years so it is not like we are virgins at this game. So far this year we have gained an RB from Michigan, a great WR from Illinois & an DE from Michigan. Now, wanna bitch about that?

Not one of them were starters at their schools right?

Williams was our leading tackler and a veteran player. I wouldn’t consider LB a position of strength anyway. Certainly quality depth will take a hit.

Williams was our leading tackler and a veteran player. I wouldn’t consider LB a position of strength anyway. Certainly quality depth will take a hit.

I'm concerned with the talent we have to replace Williams. LB is a major weakness on this team.

I'm concerned with the talent we have to replace Williams. LB is a major weakness on this team.

Agree every year there are excuses about depth. 2018: Linebackers, 2019: Wide Receivers, 2020: Safeties. The huge amounts of injuries at these key positions have de-railed the past 3 seasons. With Rucker and Williams leaving, it looks like the issue in 2021 will be linebackers, which is already the weakest position group on the team.

Agree every year there are excuses about depth. 2018: Linebackers, 2019: Wide Receivers, 2020: Safeties. The huge amounts of injuries at these key positions have de-railed the past 3 seasons. With Rucker and Williams leaving, it looks like the issue in 2021 will be linebackers, which is already the weakest position group on the team.

Rucker wasn't a linebacker...

Madison Cone has entered the portal would fill Rucker’s spot nicely. He liked my message saying I was upset when we initially lost our on him.

Madison Cone has entered the portal would fill Rucker’s spot nicely. He liked my message saying I was upset when we initially lost our on him.

Apparently he has played both corner and safety. It was unclear why, but his bio says he had no stats for 2020, although he had participated in two games.

Sorry if this was previously reported, but Rucker is headed to Okie State to play for the "Mullet". As everyone knows, KW3 chose Michigan State.

Both those schools represent pretty much as a different of a college experience as a student-athlete could find from WF. Not saying that the WF staff is blameless in losing either or both players, but when a player picks a large public school with an entirely different academic focus, in an entirely different part of the country. Maybe, there are other factors at play. Kids transfer from colleges all of the time, at a far greater rate than the football team transfer rate; further, it appears that other FBS football programs have a greater transfer rate. Finally, WF also lands quality transfers from other FBS schools (and Ivies) who have many options. That is just the way the college game is right now.

The staff should always look to improve. WF should always look to improve, but if all of the factors are assessed, doesn't appear to me that losing quality football players to transfer is a WF "thing".

Last edited:
It’s possible we could have five NFL WR and a QB from the 2018 team in 2022 maybe on active rosters.

2 NFL QBs right? And 6 receivers?

Wolf, Newsome

Dortch, Bachman, Hinton, Sage, Scotty, Roberson

Greene is probably one of the receivers you're thinking of for 2022. So, technically, if all those guys find themselves on active rosters, then we could have 7 WRs. Worst case, all those guys should at least be on a practice squad.

The 2018 team.

Newman, Dortch, Scotty, Hinton, Sage, Roberson

Wolford graduated in 2017 and Greene arrived in 2019.

The 2018 team.

Newman, Dortch, Scotty, Hinton, Sage, Roberson

Wolford graduated in 2017 and Greene arrived in 2019.

You left off Alex Bachman. He was a practice squader in 2019, and played in an NFL game for the Giants in 2020. WF has had some serious skill position talent.

You left off Alex Bachman. He was a practice squader in 2019, and played in an NFL game for the Giants in 2020. WF has had some serious skill position talent.

Shit. My bad. He was 2018 too. Six WR.

Back