• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football - '21 Schedule

FWIW, 3 OL from the 2018 team also made the NFL, Justin Herron started for the Pats this year; Phil Haynes with the Seahawks (started in the NFC Divisional game at Lambeau in the 2019-20 season) and Nathan Gilliam was on the Chargers practice squad this year. Zach Tom has an NFL shot as well whenever he decides to test the NFL market. WF has produced more NFL talent in the last few seasons than most ACC teams. Keep that in mind when people grouse about recruiting rankings. This staff knows how to spot NFL talent. The people that rank the HS players have no clue how rank players outside of the top 300. So, they rank it based upon offers. So, a guy like Mike Allen who has ton of Power 5 offers gets ranked high. A guy like Jesse Bates who has 2 does not.

I’m actually more skeptical when we sign fringe 4 stars compared to when we sign some 2*.

From Bryan Andrews to Mike Allen, they don’t pan out here it seems.

Greene seems to be an exception to the rule. Too early to tell on Groulx.

I’m actually more skeptical when we sign fringe 4 stars compared to when we sign some 2*.

Guys who are high three stars seem to be the sweet spot for Clawson and company. Guys who have been evaluated and have some skills, but are also missing "something" that says they are not ready to play immediately as freshmen. Find the guys in that group who are "football players," like Boogie said.

Bring them in, add strength and size. Coach them up in technique. Get two or three years of high level performance. That is why losing starters to the grad transfer route hurts.

Guys who are high three stars seem to be the sweet spot for Clawson and company. Guys who have been evaluated and have some skills, but are also missing "something" that says they are not ready to play immediately as freshmen. Find the guys in that group who are "football players," like Boogie said.

Bring them in, add strength and size. Coach them up in technique. Get two or three years of high level performance. That is why losing starters to the grad transfer route hurts.

That's true for all but about 10 teams who reel in tons of 5-star and 4-star talent. Even those teams need to develop 3-stars to hold their teams together when the best players leave early every year and are replaced by highly ranked freshmen.

That's true for all but about 10 teams who reel in tons of 5-star and 4-star talent. Even those teams need to develop 3-stars to hold their teams together when the best players leave early every year and are replaced by highly ranked freshmen.

It would help if Wake could continue to sprinkle in some more four star guys like Greene. Guys who can be bigger contributors earlier.

I am still hopeful but is it too early on Grouix?

I am still hopeful but is it too early on Grouix?

Groulx seems like he is on the trajectory of a good three star. Some flashes, but not yet sustained performance. 21 needs to be the year he sustains.

Dude's going to graduate by the end of his freshman year.

Back