• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report: Miami at WF -- Saturday -- 2pm ACCN

It’s hard to tell if this is Whitt pushing through the freshman wall or if Miami is just so bad that this isn’t really an ACC game, but he definitely looks good today.

well said and could be applied to the whole team. but hey, we won.

Hell yeah, two home wins in a row. Time for Coach Forbes to celebrate by getting takeout from the Texas Roadhouse and grabbing multiple adult beverages from the garage fridge!

Record game for Spicoli! Surfs up, wave only getting bigger

Whitt - 11 pts on 4-4 FG (3-3 3pt), 2 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 2 to (including the last 24 sec call).

Real nice performance.

Ody with 12 boards. Mucius with 13/9/2. Wilkins with 6/5/2 and 1 stl. Think that's his best game.

And Johnson really stepped up after disappearing early this month. Spreading it around and Forbes showing his style of playing the producers.

This would be the quickest game I've seen in years if not for the intentional fouling now.

Our game against Virginia has the record for quickest power conference game this season at 1:36.

Last edited:
Do you think there has ever been a Top 15 ranked team, lose 4 of their next 5 games by 18+? Welcome to the big time Clemson.

On a day our two best shooters go 0-9

I can't wait for Forbes to joke about this in like 5 years when we're headed to the Sweet 16. "My first year at Wake we played in a damn pandemic with a bunch of guys who'd hit 8 threes one night and shoot 0% the next. So yeah I think we'll be be able to make some adjustments."

Must spread rep. That's a great post, DC. We say it every game, but I really like what Forbes is building. This team has no business being competitive at all. Forbes is clearly teaching good individual and team defense that keeps us into games so whoever is hot can get going.

This team isn't that talented, but I think Forbes wants a team with 4 guys on the court who can hit threes at any time. Down the road, they'll hopefully be more consistent, but I think this is what he's building toward.

Last edited:
I can't wait for Forbes to joke about this in like 5 years when we're headed to the Sweet 16. "My first year at Wake we played in a damn pandemic with a bunch of guys who'd hit 8 threes one night and shoot 0% the next. So yeah I think we'll be be able to make some adjustments."

We are becoming a bitch to scout for sure.

Johnson should start or play big minutes off the bench. He has a sweet shot and not quite as one dimensional as Massoud. Massoud scares me every time he puts the ball on the floor. Not good hands and not a good ball handler. Miami isn't much but we had it under control for most all of the second half. Our defense is so much better then anytime under Manning. Likely Neath will see more bench after Whitt's nice game and Wilkins contributed. Give us another year and we will be much better talent wise.

Decent win. Not as many turnovers and the three's were falling. The bench stepped up big time. Decent defense.

Whitt played within himself. Made the shots he has to take. Handled the ball well. Made the easy pass to keep the ball moving. Didn't try to make plays beyond his present capability.

Mucius and Ody brought their lunch pails and went to work on the boards.

Everyone made a contribution to secure their second ACC win, without any last minute drama. Good afternoon.

Johnson should start or play big minutes off the bench. He has a sweet shot and not quite as one dimensional as Massoud. Massoud scares me every time he puts the ball on the floor. Not good hands and not a good ball handler. Miami isn't much but we had it under control for most all of the second half. Our defense is so much better then anytime under Manning. Likely Neath will see more bench after Whitt's nice game and Wilkins contributed. Give us another year and we will be much better talent wise.

You're so right. For the players who have played more than three games, Massoud is our leading three point shooter. As to not trustworthy with the ball, he is fifth in total TOs.

A couple of kinda surprising stats- Antonio is second in steals. Johnson has twice as many blocks as any other Deac.

Whitt shot the ball confidently today. I’m sure it was nice for him to knock a few down. Williamson was big again today.

2 ACC wins is more than some thought we would get all year. Progress is being made

Need to retire that phrase. College basketball was much better 20 years ago.

Back