• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Andrew Cuomo says

So I see Brad has moved on from "Dems don't criticize elected Dems when they do shit that is almost as bad as elected republicans!" to "Dems' crticisms are performative when they criticize elected Dems that do shit that is almost as bad as elected republicans!"

Quite the transition, especially when centered on a elected Dem governor who: a) was investigated by the Dem AG's office; and b) is being investigated (and may be impeached) by a Dem-controlled legislature.

I mean, I get being a republican in today's America means disavowing yourself of shame, manners, and any hint of intellectual thought, but do you really want to compare how Dems have handled Cuomo's allegations of harassment to how the republican party handled any of the laundry list of problems that arose during the Trump administration?*

*The question is rhetorical, don't feel the need to answer it.

saw a good point on Twitter yesterday that a lot of people had accused the AG of doing a political with hunt in going after the Trump Org but with the Cuomo investigation she clearly demonstrated she's in it to do the right thing. Now, I do think she eventually wants to be a governor, but the previous NY AGs (Cuomo and Spitzer included) would likely not have done this type of investigation.

Funny to raise Kavanaugh now, with the recent news that the "investigation" into allegations against him were a sham. Obviously, not the case with Cuomo. Wonder why.

Funny to raise Kavanaugh now, with the recent news that the "investigation" into allegations against him were a sham. Obviously, not the case with Cuomo. Wonder why.

Listen, I have deferred to your able hands on this Cuomo matter. You've said you---and you alone---can handle this. We're all admiring your commitment to this solemn task by *checks notes* yelling about Trump and conservative posters. You can just feel the passion.

Listen, I have deferred to your able hands on this Cuomo matter. You've said you---and you alone---can handle this. We're all admiring your commitment to this solemn task by *checks notes* yelling about Trump and conservative posters. You can just feel the passion.

The right is starting to get better at comedy and it's making lefties nervous.

All true, and the two tweets he posted from Biden and Harris calling for Northam to resign undermine his argument anyway. I doubt he realizes that though, as long as he thinks he's owning the dreaded Tunnels Left.

I will make this simple for the self-proclaimed intellectuals on the board so there isn't further confusion:

Biden & Harris (along many others on the left) *called* on Northam to resign but Northam is still in office. Hell... two months ago Biden even praised Northam in a public event:

https://nypost.com/2021/05/28/biden-lauds-virginia-gov-northam-after-calling-for-his-resignation/

Biden (along with many others on the left) *called* on Andrew Cuomo to resign. Feel free to get back to me when Cuomo resigns as odds are he rides it out because this story will soon be out of the news cycle and a distant memory.

I will make this simple for the self-proclaimed intellectuals on the board so there isn't further confusion:

Biden & Harris (along many others on the left) *called* on Northam to resign but Northam is still in office. Hell... two months ago Biden even praised Northam in a public event:

https://nypost.com/2021/05/28/biden-lauds-virginia-gov-northam-after-calling-for-his-resignation/

Biden (along with many others on the left) *called* on Andrew Cuomo to resign. Feel free to get back to me when Cuomo resigns as odds are he rides it out because this story will soon be out of the news cycle and a distant memory.

yeah, and both are huge assholes who have rejected the calls from their constituents and fellow party members to fuck off. no Dem is happy about that. hopefully the NY legislature will impeach. no idea what the process is/votes needed to remove from office.

the difference that you cannot seem to comprehend is you never have Republicans call on people like Matt Gaetz or Gym Jordan to resign over their shitty behavior.

Shitty behavior is putting it mildly. We're talking about Republicans committing sexual assault, willfully looking the other way, stealing from constituents and the federal government... the list of bad behavior never ends with the col's favorites with no repercussions. But ok. Cuomo and Northam pull a trumpublican move and he's suddenly VERY CONCERNED.

The point you simply ignore, Angus, is that at least the "left" is calling on these people to resign and clearly condemning their actions. And contrary to your claims that Democrats do nothing about these events, the Democratic AG just completed a thorough investigation and said very clearly that there was evidence of repeated sexual harassment, and the Democratic state legislature is getting ready to start impeachment hearings. Meanwhile, recent stories have shown that the investigation into Kavanaugh was a total sham (there was no real investigation) and your side has stayed mostly quiet about Gaetz, Jordan, Trump, etc. That's a big difference, no matter how much you try to deny it.

He is not going to try to deny it, because that is a losing game for him. He is just going to ignore it and try to point out Dem Mensa hypocrisy. It's fun to read his posts and engage like watching a car wreck. But, in the end his reality is actually just sad.

you can call on someone to resign all day long, but in the end they have to actually decide to do it. the process for firing a governor is impeachment or getting voted out. sounds like NY is going for the first option, as they are doing an inquiry now.

The point you simply ignore, Angus, is that at least the "left" is calling on these people to resign and clearly condemning their actions. And contrary to your claims that Democrats do nothing about these events, the Democratic AG just completed a thorough investigation and said very clearly that there was evidence of repeated sexual harassment, and the Democratic state legislature is getting ready to start impeachment hearings. Meanwhile, recent stories have shown that the investigation into Kavanaugh was a total sham (there was no real investigation) and your side has stayed mostly quiet about Gaetz, Jordan, Trump, etc. That's a big difference, no matter how much you try to deny it.

Right. It's kind of disgusting to have Republicans out here complaining about toothless calls for Cuomo to resign after they railroaded a probable attempted rapist onto the SCOTUS, glorified pussy grabbing Trump for the last 6 years, sheltered minor abusing/raping Gaetz and others in Congress all this time.

Let's be honest about what Gaetz did. He was with a 17 year old hooker who I highly doubt advertised she was 17. There's plenty of folks on both sides of the aisle that pay for sex.

I haven’t seen anything that suggested the 17 year old was a prostitute.

Let's be honest about what Gaetz did. He was with a 17 year old hooker who I highly doubt advertised she was 17. There's plenty of folks on both sides of the aisle that pay for sex.

Palma works how many jobs again?

Guys, a 39 year old accidentally fucked a 17 year old. It was just an accident. No need to call for his resignation, let’s focus on Cuomo.

Guys, a 39 year old accidentally fucked a 17 year old. It was just an accident. No need to call for his resignation, let’s focus on Cuomo.

I could be wrong, but aren't there allegations involving other underage and college girls too? I seem to remember reading stories that he created some kind of points system for sleeping with high school/sorority girls and such.

Back