Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Bullshit Andrew Cuomo says

"The effort by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s office to obscure the pandemic death toll in New York nursing homes was far greater than previously known, with aides repeatedly overruling state health officials over a span of at least five months, according to interviews and newly unearthed documents.

Mr. Cuomo’s most senior aides engaged in a sustained effort to prevent the state’s own health officials, including the commissioner, Howard Zucker, from releasing the true death toll to the public or sharing it with state lawmakers, these interviews and documents showed.

A scientific paper, which incorporated the data, was never published. An audit of the numbers by a top Cuomo aide was finished months before it became publicly known. Two letters, drafted by the Health Department and meant for state legislators, were never sent.

The actions coincided with the period in which Mr. Cuomo was pitching and then writing a book on the pandemic, with the assistance of his top aide, Melissa DeRosa, and others."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-its-new-york/

Quote Originally Posted by WFU71 View Post
    "The effort by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s office to obscure the pandemic death toll in New York nursing homes was far greater than previously known, with aides repeatedly overruling state health officials over a span of at least five months, according to interviews and newly unearthed documents.

Mr. Cuomo’s most senior aides engaged in a sustained effort to prevent the state’s own health officials, including the commissioner, Howard Zucker, from releasing the true death toll to the public or sharing it with state lawmakers, these interviews and documents showed.

A scientific paper, which incorporated the data, was never published. An audit of the numbers by a top Cuomo aide was finished months before it became publicly known. Two letters, drafted by the Health Department and meant for state legislators, were never sent.

The actions coincided with the period in which Mr. Cuomo was pitching and then writing a book on the pandemic, with the assistance of his top aide, Melissa DeRosa, and others."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-its-new-york/
    Snarky Angus one-liners aside, this guy should have resigned, or been forced to resign, long ago. IMO, the NY legislature would be well within its rights to impeach and remove him from office, although that will never happen.

This is a pretty big deal compared to the Gov. Christie Bridgegate.

Cuomo just told Broadway they can open to full capacity on 9/14. I mean that's 4 months away.

Way too long; people need to go back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by WFU71 View Post
    Oh yeah, DeSantis is worse. At least Cuomo was trying to contain the pandemic. DeSantis and Trump tried to minimize/ignore it.
    And yet DeSantis had great success in Florida but of course gets no love from the lib media while Cuomo wins an Emmy while covering up all his bad shit. More state's should have taken the lead from Florida on how to run things instead of looking like NY, CA & MI.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReff View Post
    And yet DeSantis had great success in Florida but of course gets no love from the lib media while Cuomo wins an Emmy while covering up all his bad shit. More state's should have taken the lead from Florida on how to run things instead of looking like NY, CA & MI.
    The one thing Desantis did right was to hasten the vaccine eligibility of people 65+. Everything else about his management of the disease in this state has been a disaster. Just because the death toll is lower here, 36000 dead is nothing to celebrate. The only state that actually seems to have done a great job is Washington and the media doesn't sing Inslee's praises either.
    Birds are real.

Man, some Dem should start a thread and then other dems could voice their disdain for Cuomo. I don't think there is anyone rushing to defend Cuomo here, or really anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    We are 8 pages into a thread where the Tunnels MENSA lubish lefties have repeatedly called for this asshole to resign. I said it 120 posts before your expression of doubt that any of us would care. But yeah, your point still stands, of course.
    Birds are real.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    After seeing how Republicans efficiently purge their leaders from their positions, I can understand why a Republican doesn't understand Democrats can't just wish Dem governors into resigning, especially governors who don't have much time left in office.

Brad is getting more desperate. Has Qanon changed the Trump commencement date again to give him some hope?
    Let’s get this done!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post

I agree that Cuomo should resign, but if he chooses not to...idk.

I mean Republicans voted for a guy with over 20 sexual harassment allegations, a few rape allegations and an audio recording of him talking about numerous casual sexual assaults (grabbing women by the pussy). That information came out prior to the 2016 election...they voted for him twice!

i really don't think you or any Republican has any ground to stand on this subject...

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    After seeing how Republicans efficiently purge their leaders from their positions, I can understand why a Republican doesn't understand Democrats can't just wish Dem governors into resigning, especially governors who don't have much time left in office.
    sure, but not the ones with sexual assault, rape, or covering up sexual abuse allegations. just the ones who don't like the President who was accused of those things.