• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Andrew Cuomo says

I said multiple times he shouldn't have done it. But that's nothing compared to jingoistic lying that Reagan knew would ruin many, many careers and families. Several committed suicide. Reagan knew he was destroying innocent people's lives.

This line of posts suck RJ. You are dabbling in victim blaming with the Lewinski stuff and also trying to down play Clinton's shittyness by saying Reagan was shittier. The power dynamic make Lewinski the clear victim and both men were shitty for slightly different reasons. Cuomo is also shitty.

This line of posts suck RJ. You are dabbling in victim blaming with the Lewinski stuff and also trying to down play Clinton's shittyness by saying Reagan was shittier. The power dynamic make Lewinski the clear victim and both men were shitty for slightly different reasons. Cuomo is also shitty.

First of all, I am on record saying Cuomo needs to be gone and it should have happened already.

Catamount brought up Reagan. I brought up his history. If someone brings something up, am I not allowed to directly respond to it?

As to Clinton, I said multiple times what he did was wrong and shitty. I am not shaming Lewinsky at all.

word choice bro. i was only commenting on the one post and pointing out you may want to re-think the language you used there.

i am not going down the rabbit hole arguing about my opinion.

First of all, I am on record saying Cuomo needs to be gone and it should have happened already.

Catamount brought up Reagan. I brought up his history. If someone brings something up, am I not allowed to directly respond to it?

As to Clinton, I said multiple times what he did was wrong and shitty. I am not shaming Lewinsky at all.

I mean, you've posted twice that Lewinski went looking to give the prez a blow job, that is slut shaming. That places blame for the situation on her when, given the power dynamics of the situation, it was squarely Clinton's fault.

Sure if someone brings it up you can respond, I am just saying that your response is not landing well. Defending your guy by saying the other guy was worse is not a great defense.

I mean, you've posted twice that Lewinski went looking to give the prez a blow job, that is slut shaming. That places blame for the situation on her when, given the power dynamics of the situation, it was squarely Clinton's fault.

Sure if someone brings it up you can respond, I am just saying that your response is not landing well. Defending your guy by saying the other guy was worse is not a great defense.

I'm not saying anything about Lewinsky that she didn't publish herself. How is it "shaming" when she was bragging about it?

By the way, I have never called her a "slut" or any other name and I won't. She has every right to do anything she wants with her own body. You shouldn't be using the term "slut". You wouldn't call a guy who likes sex a slut.

AGAIN, Clinton should have known better and not done it. He shouldn't have done it.

Not a defense of Cuomo, but it will surprise no one that one of his major NY GOP critics, Congressman Tom Reed, who has been lighting up Twitter recently calling for Cuomo to resign over his sexual harassment accusations, has now been accused of sexual harassment himself. He has made a public apology for unhooking a woman's bra in a restaurant in 2017, among other things. He was believed to be thinking of running against Cuomo for the governorship next year, but announced that he's not running for reelection or anything else next year.

It was a big surprise quite frankly, though I guess in today's world it shouldn't be. Tom Reed is a family friend. My father-in-law taught him in college and they have remained close so we've gotten to know him over the past 20 years starting when he was Mayor of Corning. He always came across as a reasonable pol, despite being conservative, and part of the "problem solvers caucus" in Congress. A regular talking head across all the networks. He was absolutely going to run for Governor and has been a very outspoken critic of Cuomo's nursing home debacle well before Cuomo's own behavior issues. He was on that issues from the beginning.

Reed was a solid representative for his district from what I saw first hand in the Southern Tier. I guess you never really know a person. My FIL is so pissed at him right now....I didn't agree with him on a majority of the issues but he wasn't a whacko by any stretch. Just evidently a very flawed man.

I will give him credit that he owned it though he did sorta blame it on a substance abuse problem that he has since been working on.

I guess nothing really will surprise me anymore.

Pretty hard to blame a young single chick for sucking the presidents dick.

Like Chappelle said. "Every chick has at least one blow job they regret, and I bet it wasn't the presidents dick either"

I'm not saying anything about Lewinsky that she didn't publish herself. How is it "shaming" when she was bragging about it?

By the way, I have never called her a "slut" or any other name and I won't. She has every right to do anything she wants with her own body. You shouldn't be using the term "slut". You wouldn't call a guy who likes sex a slut.

AGAIN, Clinton should have known better and not done it. He shouldn't have done it.

Ok RJ, carry on I guess. I was just trying to help you out from “accidentally” blaming lewinski.

I see what you did there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...h-the-arrangement/ar-BB1eVyM8?ocid=uxbndlbing

"As the coronavirus pandemic swept through New York early last year, Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration arranged for his family members and other well-connected figures to have special access to state-administered coronavirus tests, dispatching a top state doctor and other state health officials to their homes, according to three people with direct knowledge of the effort..."

You've never heard the term "slut shaming", RJ? Invoking the term to describe your post is not the same as birdman calling Lewinsky a "slut"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...h-the-arrangement/ar-BB1eVyM8?ocid=uxbndlbing

"As the coronavirus pandemic swept through New York early last year, Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration arranged for his family members and other well-connected figures to have special access to state-administered coronavirus tests, dispatching a top state doctor and other state health officials to their homes, according to three people with direct knowledge of the effort..."

What's the big deal here?? I'm sure the Cuomo family members and other well-connected figures just phollowed the testing procedure and showed id.

Are you trying to pretend people here defend, or have a positive opinion of, Cuomo so that you can call out the HYPOCRISY!!!!

Are you trying to pretend people here defend, or have a positive opinion of, Cuomo so that you can call out the HYPOCRISY!!!!

He blindly flows. He assumes the other side does too. He could not be more wrong. But he's dumb. So...

What's the big deal here?? I'm sure the Cuomo family members and other well-connected figures just phollowed the testing procedure and showed id.

I’ll be right back. I’m just gonna go look for your posts expressing outrage over DeSantis’ vaccine parties for wealth campaign donors. It should be super quick, I’ll be right back.

I’ll be right back. I’m just gonna go look for your posts expressing outrage over DeSantis’ vaccine parties for wealth campaign donors. It should be super quick, I’ll be right back.

Haven’t found anything yet... I sure it’s there though. The last thing angus would do is be a hypocrite. I must be using the wrong search terms.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/31/nyregion/cuomo-book-nursing-homes.html

"s the coronavirus subsided in New York last year, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo had begun pitching a book proposal that would center on his image as a hero of the pandemic. But by early last summer, both his book and image had hit a critical juncture.

Mr. Cuomo leaned on his top aide, Melissa DeRosa, for assistance. She attended video meetings with publishers, and helped him edit early drafts of the book. But there was also another, more pressing edit underway at the same time.

An impending Health Department report threatened to disclose a far higher number of nursing home deaths related to the coronavirus than the Cuomo administration had previously made public. Ms. DeRosa and other top aides expressed concern about the higher death toll, and, after their intervention, the number — which had appeared in the second sentence of the report — was removed from the final version.

The revisions occurred as the governor was on the brink of a huge payoff: a book deal that ended with a high offer of more than $4 million, according to people with knowledge of the book’s bidding process.

A New York Times examination of the development of Mr. Cuomo’s lucrative book deal revealed how it overlapped with the move by his most senior aides to reshape a report about nursing home deaths in a way that insulated the governor from criticism and burnished his image...

Emails and an early draft of Mr. Cuomo’s book obtained by The New York Times indicate that the governor was writing it as early as mid-June, relying on a cadre of trusted aides and junior staffers for everything from full-scale edits to minor clerical work, potentially running afoul of state laws prohibiting use of public resources for personal gain.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/31/nyregion/cuomo-book-nursing-homes.html

"s the coronavirus subsided in New York last year, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo had begun pitching a book proposal that would center on his image as a hero of the pandemic. But by early last summer, both his book and image had hit a critical juncture.

Mr. Cuomo leaned on his top aide, Melissa DeRosa, for assistance. She attended video meetings with publishers, and helped him edit early drafts of the book. But there was also another, more pressing edit underway at the same time.

An impending Health Department report threatened to disclose a far higher number of nursing home deaths related to the coronavirus than the Cuomo administration had previously made public. Ms. DeRosa and other top aides expressed concern about the higher death toll, and, after their intervention, the number — which had appeared in the second sentence of the report — was removed from the final version.

The revisions occurred as the governor was on the brink of a huge payoff: a book deal that ended with a high offer of more than $4 million, according to people with knowledge of the book’s bidding process.

A New York Times examination of the development of Mr. Cuomo’s lucrative book deal revealed how it overlapped with the move by his most senior aides to reshape a report about nursing home deaths in a way that insulated the governor from criticism and burnished his image...

Emails and an early draft of Mr. Cuomo’s book obtained by The New York Times indicate that the governor was writing it as early as mid-June, relying on a cadre of trusted aides and junior staffers for everything from full-scale edits to minor clerical work, potentially running afoul of state laws prohibiting use of public resources for personal gain.

Jesus. This dude should have resigned - or been forced to - like yesterday. He's completely shredded his credibility and legitimacy at this point.

Wonder how well Andrew will sleep tonight:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-state-assembly-opens-tip-line-cuomo-allegations

"The New York State Assembly has opened a tip line for those who with information relating to the impeachment investigation into Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

The investigation was opened in light of multiple women accusing the governor of sexual harassment. But Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie has said it will be "very broad" in scope and could look into the state’s handling of nursing homes during the pandemic and the project to replace the Tappan Zee bridge. "

https://www.democratandchronicle.co...rew-cuomo-covid-book-ethics-rules/4831554001/

"A USA TODAY Network New York review of Cuomo's actions leading up to and directly following the book's October release suggest he may have violated some of those conditions and toed the line of others, which could put him at odds with state Public Officers Law.

Public Officers Law violations can be punished by a fine of up to $10,000 and the value of any "compensation or benefit received as a result of such violation." Cuomo fetched offers of more than $4 million for his book deal, according to The New York Times.

Among the conduct in question:

Cuomo repeatedly conducted television interviews, Q&As and other virtual events promoting the book from the Executive Mansion, the state-owned property provided to the governor for use as his residence.
At least three senior staff members — Melissa DeRosa, Stephanie Benton and Rich Azzopardi — were involved in the crafting or promotion of the book, though Cuomo's office says all volunteered their time.
Cuomo mentioned his book during several official COVID-19 briefings and news conferences, including those on Aug. 19, Nov. 15, Nov. 23 and Dec. 23.
Executive assistants were told to type or transfer notes for the book, and at least twice were directed to print drafts and deliver them to the Executive Mansion, The New York Times reported Wednesday."

Back