• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Andrew Cuomo says

Cuomo is total POS. His rhetoric was, throughout the crisis, anti federal government, even when they got something right, which we know didn’t happen often. (Rushing in hundreds of ventilators; placing the Hospital Ship Comfort in NY Harbor that Cuomo refused to use despite the need existing are prime examples).
Yes, politicians on both side of the aisle played politics but Cuomo was, was in my mind the Leader of the Band.
You would think he was an Evangelical, the righteous POS.

he's basically Trump. must be a NY thing. seems most male NY politicians suck -- Trump, Rudy, Spitzer, Cuomo, Schumer, Bloomberg, De Blasio, etc.

New York State and City used to produce some amazing politicians - the two Roosevelts are among our greatest presidents, and Al Smith, Herbert Lehman, Thomas E. Dewey, and Nelson Rockefeller were all regarded as among the best state governors of their times. Fiorello La Guardia is regarded as one of the best big-city mayors. Jacob Javits, Irving Ives, Robert F. Kennedy, and Daniel Patrick Moynihan were all considered great US Senators. And now they have Cuomo, Rudy, Schumer, Bloomberg and the others you mentioned above. That's quite a decline. Of course I guess it just illustrates the sharp decline in the quality of American politicians and politics generally.

Last edited:
Trevor Noah had a good line about Cuomo saying he looked like a combination of all three leads from Goodfellas.

I mean she's hot enough you gotta assume its true

That's a dumb and misleading image. The gradients are 1% of state population. So a state like New York has probably vaccinated more people than a dozen of the higher tier states like Wyoming and Maine combined. Not saying they shouldn't do better, but I just hate this type of combination of graphic which is misleading and tweet which sensationalizes the graphic.

isn't that the point of using percentage of residents instead of numbers?

yeah maine has fewer people but also fewer resources, presumably. PA has 4 million more residents but a better vaccination rate (somehow)

That's a dumb and misleading image. The gradients are 1% of state population. So a state like New York has probably vaccinated more people than a dozen of the higher tier states like Wyoming and Maine combined. Not saying they shouldn't do better, but I just hate this type of combination of graphic which is misleading and tweet which sensationalizes the graphic.

Yeah but New York also has more vaccines allocated to them than the small states. The deliveries are proportional, so administration % is a fair metric of how things are going.

Agree; the variation among states is really low. We are looking at a max 2% difference among states from light green to dark green.

Back