• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Andrew Cuomo says

"The effort by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s office to obscure the pandemic death toll in New York nursing homes was far greater than previously known, with aides repeatedly overruling state health officials over a span of at least five months, according to interviews and newly unearthed documents.

Mr. Cuomo’s most senior aides engaged in a sustained effort to prevent the state’s own health officials, including the commissioner, Howard Zucker, from releasing the true death toll to the public or sharing it with state lawmakers, these interviews and documents showed.

A scientific paper, which incorporated the data, was never published. An audit of the numbers by a top Cuomo aide was finished months before it became publicly known. Two letters, drafted by the Health Department and meant for state legislators, were never sent.

The actions coincided with the period in which Mr. Cuomo was pitching and then writing a book on the pandemic, with the assistance of his top aide, Melissa DeRosa, and others."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...florida-thats-cooking-the-books-its-new-york/

"The effort by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s office to obscure the pandemic death toll in New York nursing homes was far greater than previously known, with aides repeatedly overruling state health officials over a span of at least five months, according to interviews and newly unearthed documents.

Mr. Cuomo’s most senior aides engaged in a sustained effort to prevent the state’s own health officials, including the commissioner, Howard Zucker, from releasing the true death toll to the public or sharing it with state lawmakers, these interviews and documents showed.

A scientific paper, which incorporated the data, was never published. An audit of the numbers by a top Cuomo aide was finished months before it became publicly known. Two letters, drafted by the Health Department and meant for state legislators, were never sent.

The actions coincided with the period in which Mr. Cuomo was pitching and then writing a book on the pandemic, with the assistance of his top aide, Melissa DeRosa, and others."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corn...florida-thats-cooking-the-books-its-new-york/

Snarky Angus one-liners aside, this guy should have resigned, or been forced to resign, long ago. IMO, the NY legislature would be well within its rights to impeach and remove him from office, although that will never happen.

This is a pretty big deal compared to the Gov. Christie Bridgegate.

Cuomo just told Broadway they can open to full capacity on 9/14. I mean that's 4 months away.

Way too long; people need to go back to work.

Oh yeah, DeSantis is worse. At least Cuomo was trying to contain the pandemic. DeSantis and Trump tried to minimize/ignore it.

And yet DeSantis had great success in Florida but of course gets no love from the lib media while Cuomo wins an Emmy while covering up all his bad shit. More state's should have taken the lead from Florida on how to run things instead of looking like NY, CA & MI.

And yet DeSantis had great success in Florida but of course gets no love from the lib media while Cuomo wins an Emmy while covering up all his bad shit. More state's should have taken the lead from Florida on how to run things instead of looking like NY, CA & MI.

The one thing Desantis did right was to hasten the vaccine eligibility of people 65+. Everything else about his management of the disease in this state has been a disaster. Just because the death toll is lower here, 36000 dead is nothing to celebrate. The only state that actually seems to have done a great job is Washington and the media doesn't sing Inslee's praises either.

Man, some Dem should start a thread and then other dems could voice their disdain for Cuomo. I don't think there is anyone rushing to defend Cuomo here, or really anywhere.

We are 8 pages into a thread where the Tunnels MENSA lubish lefties have repeatedly called for this asshole to resign. I said it 120 posts before your expression of doubt that any of us would care. But yeah, your point still stands, of course.

After seeing how Republicans efficiently purge their leaders from their positions, I can understand why a Republican doesn't understand Democrats can't just wish Dem governors into resigning, especially governors who don't have much time left in office.

Brad is getting more desperate. Has Qanon changed the Trump commencement date again to give him some hope?

I agree that Cuomo should resign, but if he chooses not to...idk.

I mean Republicans voted for a guy with over 20 sexual harassment allegations, a few rape allegations and an audio recording of him talking about numerous casual sexual assaults (grabbing women by the pussy). That information came out prior to the 2016 election...they voted for him twice!

i really don't think you or any Republican has any ground to stand on this subject...

After seeing how Republicans efficiently purge their leaders from their positions, I can understand why a Republican doesn't understand Democrats can't just wish Dem governors into resigning, especially governors who don't have much time left in office.

sure, but not the ones with sexual assault, rape, or covering up sexual abuse allegations. just the ones who don't like the President who was accused of those things.

sure, but not the ones with sexual assault, rape, or covering up sexual abuse allegations. just the ones who don't like the President who was accused of those things.

And it’s important to note that most of the ones who don’t like that President don’t like him for reasons besides the sexual assault, rape, etc.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/19/cuomo-family-got-special-covid-testing-while-he-was-under-fire/

"Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s family continued to get special access to rapid COVID-19 testing until at least April — after the politician came under fire for pulling the same move during the early days of the pandemic, according to a report Wednesday.

One of the governor’s daughters, Mariah Kennedy Cuomo, and her boyfriend, Tellef Lundevall, submitted priority samples to a state-run site in Albany on April 3, according to the New York Times."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/03/politics/andrew-cuomo-new-york-report/index.html

"Cuomo’s behavior was not limited to members of his own staff, but extended to other state employees, including a State Trooper on his protective detail, as well as members of the public, the attorney general’s report states.

“We also conclude that the Executive Chamber’s culture – one filled with fear and intimidation, while at the same time normalizing the Governor’s frequent flirtations and gender-based comments – contributed to the conditions that allowed the sexual harassment to occur and persist,” investigators Joon Kim and Anne Clark wrote in the report. “That culture also influenced the improper and inadequate ways in which the Executive Chamber has responded to allegations of harassment.”

This guy should have resigned or been forced to a long time ago. I just read that he's already denied the charges in the report, so it's clear that he's going to fight this to the bitter end. Just leave already.

Wish Republicans took this shit as seriously as the dems. But they never will, and yet they will continue to go after Cuomo. I get to go after Cuomo, fuckwads, you don't.

Back