• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tony Bennett's battle with Alzheimer's

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Sadly, it's become public knowledge that the great Tony Bennett has been battling Alzheimer's for about four years. (https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/...E7QmxoN-piSSsrVa4K4s4sY9bO9DVaMlVw9eoOG5GN61I).

Somehow, he, wife Susan and his team have kept this quiet for that time. He has performed and painted throughout this time.

Of all the people I've known in the music business, I've never heard a single bad word about Tony Bennett. In fact, everything I've heard is absolute love and reverence. This comes directly from the fact that this is how the great man treats everyone from royals to custodians.

Tony's talent is justifiably legendary, but so is is generosity to musicians, singers and producers during the past seventy plus years. He has lifted up pop talents and given opportunities to so many. Like everything else in his life, he did this because he thought it was the right thing to do.

His artwork may end up being as sought after as his recording as times goes by.

Something a lot of people don't know about Tony Bennett is his lifelong political activism. His career started in a era of virulent racism, but he wouldn't participate in that. During the American civil rights era, he was shoulder-to-shoulder with MLK in spite of knowing that would harm his bottom line. When MLK or John Lewis or others would fall short of funding of everything from neighborhood needs to the March on Washington, Tony would step up and fund a ton of it.

Whenever people talked about his activism, he'd become almost embarrassed. To him, he was just doing the right thing.

Tony Bennett is a giant in American entertainment and American life, but he would never say so.

Last edited:
yet still uva contends for ACC titles every year while we were stuck with bzz and manning

Back