• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF at the Irish: EARLY START Tuesday -- 5 pm ACCN

Even though the game was over long ago, I liked that the team kept fighting the last few minutes. It was ugly, but it was something.

Well that was ugly but when I think about it, this was what I thought most conference games would look like and the fact that it is the first one is ok. Understand that it will not be the last but if we can keep the blowout number down it will be a great first year coach progress.

This and GT.

Pretty ugly performance. Manning and Bz like. Forbes somehow has to find a decent big for next year. Unlike Bz and Manning, Forbes generally blames himself publicly and not the players.

"We have too many players on this team that are infected with the disease of me." -- Steve Forbes, 2/2/21.

AMEN!

Sounds like to me, he's entertaining the idea of all of them walking home. A good boot up the ass may be just what the doctor ordered at this point.

Without a good, immediately ready-to-play big next year, we will have another awful season in 21-22.

Missed the game tonight. First one I haven't watched all season. Looks like it was a good one to miss.

I love Forbes calling out Manning's culture and players post game

... he did?

When a new coach says a team is "infected" and that the team is fine with losing, but that's "why he is there" "to fix it." Then yes, I would say the coach is pretty clearly calling out the previous coach.

Last edited:
It’s obvious who he’s referring to and they all played under DM. I don’t think that can be overlooked. Then again, it’s just 1 game in a season where just about every ACC team has gotten blown out at least once. For a vast majority of the season we have played GGTT and just couldn’t quite overcome the talent gap between us and other teams. It’ll change, but that starts with everyone buying in and not being ok with losing. Most of the guys are there or are close, but there’s a few obviously still lagging behind.

Shitty effort from start to finish. The only difference in the 2nd half was that ND made shots.

Our offense was terrible and ND did a good job limiting us to one shot.

The ACC is very mediocre this year and we’re still at the bottom.

However... It’s just one game. A really awful performance, but just one game.

Not that the 1st half was a work of art, but it was 35-32, ND didn't just run us out of the gym in the 1st half. The 2nd half we went 6/22 (27%) from 2. Add to that 3 of the 5 starters went 5/27 (19%) for the game. Ody had the best game on offense but he's not going to carry the entire team down low. Today we really didn't have any one that was even warm on offense.

Considering we had 6 TO's you'd think we'd have been there.

At one point ND in-bounded the ball, after one of our few made baskets, and tossed if off the leg/back of one our guys and the ball bounces away and ND gets it. That capsulized the day for me.

How about when Durham blocked Williamson's layup out of bounds and it bounced off Williamson's head?

Back