• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Screech. Dustin Diamond dead at 44

Post-SBTB, he was trying to make a go of it doing standup comedy. My youngest sister’s university booked him for a show. Sister was a recent grad working at the university and drew the job of transporting him to/from the show.

After the show he was joined by a lady friend and they proceeded to make out in the backseat of my sister’s ‘96 Civic while she drove him back to the hotel.

It was a sad day for all of us when that Civic finally bit the dust and went to the great junkyard in the sky. What a brish with fame.

Post-SBTB, he was trying to make a go of it doing standup comedy. My youngest sister’s university booked him for a show. Sister was a recent grad working at the university and drew the job of transporting him to/from the show.

After the show he was joined by a lady friend and they proceeded to make out in the backseat of my sister’s ‘96 Civic while she drove him back to the hotel.

It was a sad day for all of us when that Civic finally bit the dust and went to the great junkyard in the sky. What a brish with fame.

Reminds me of when the bar I worked door at booked Little Pete’s band back in college. Little Pete was a cool guy, but he was not a bit fan of being referred to as Little Pete. Dude did not wanna discuss that show, which blew for me because I was and still remain pretty obsessed with it.

Mr Belding popped into Burke St randomly when we were seniors. He was there for “the convention”

I've read a few articles on him in the last day or 2. While all of his co-stars are trying to say the right things I'm reading between the lines and guessing he was an asshole. I'm gonna bet the same will happen with Chevy Chase. I don't think there is anyone in Hollywood who likes him or liked him in the past. I can see DD having issues given a quick rise to "stardom" and then nothing else after but CC has no excuse for not being a truly good guy. People loved his character and made a ton of coin doing so.

I've read a few articles on him in the last day or 2. While all of his co-stars are trying to say the right things I'm reading between the lines and guessing he was an asshole. I'm gonna bet the same will happen with Chevy Chase. I don't think there is anyone in Hollywood who likes him or liked him in the past. I can see DD having issues given a quick rise to "stardom" and then nothing else after but CC has no excuse for not being a truly good guy. People loved his character and made a ton of coin doing so.

Yeah and look at the contrast between CC and Bill Murray (comparing those 2 for obvious reasons) who is maybe the most well-liked celebrity there is. Loved that documentary about the random Bill Murray run-ins.

Yeah and look at the contrast between CC and Bill Murray (comparing those 2 for obvious reasons) who is maybe the most well-liked celebrity there is. Loved that documentary about the random Bill Murray run-ins.

Here are a couple of Bill Murray fun things. For close to the last forty years, Bill Murray's phone number has been very probably the most guarded secret in Hollywood. You see he hasn't had an agent or manager for all those years. If you get the phone number, you can leave a message for Bill to see if he's interested in your project.

He's also an investor in several minor league and independent baseball teams.

I did have a minor interaction with him just after I moved to CA. I was out for food and drinks with a friend at a place on Ventura Blvd. Murray and a couple of his buddies were at the table next to ours. There was a continuous line to get his autograph, After a while, my table and his were the only ones left. Just as our server brought the bill, Murray looked over and held his hand up like he's signing something to see if I wanted an autograph. The timing couldn't have been better. I took the server's pen, wrote on our tab-, Dear Bill, This is the only thing I'd like you to sign when you're trying to hang out with your friends" and sent it over to him.

No, he didn't pick up the tab, but he did let out a classic Murray laugh, send over a couple glasses of wine and said thanks.

Last edited:
Mr Belding popped into Burke St randomly when we were seniors. He was there for “the convention”

Mr Belding is a bit of an asshole. He used to come down to Fort Myers every year for a charity golf tournament and he and Jim Kelly would go to the same irish pub every year that was close to my office every night of the event. Jim Kelly is a super nice dude, Belding would get an area roped off near where the band played and would let in all the girls - fine so far. Then if anyone came up and asked for an autograph from anyone in the group - either a dude or not attractive enough female to get behind the rope, he would ask the security team to kick them out. Sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't.

I mean, more power to him, I guess. Jim Kelly would stand outside signing autographs and taking pictures before he went inside.

Dustin Diamond was a notorious asshole.

In college, a friend of mine worked for the local TV station that was airing Saved By the Bell. When Mario Lopez was in town for some promotional appearance, she was assigned as his chaperone. She took him to some dance club and he got kicked out for trying to drink underage. He told the bouncer "You don't understand. I'm Mario Lopez!" The bouncer replied "Nice to meet you Mario. Come back in two years."

Dustin Diamond was a notorious asshole.

There are some stories out there of him being kind as well. Probably a person in a lot of pain. Doesn’t totally justify bad behavior but it’s just a more comprehensive view of a human being.

In college, a friend of mine worked for the local TV station that was airing Saved By the Bell. When Mario Lopez was in town for some promotional appearance, she was assigned as his chaperone. She took him to some dance club and he got kicked out for trying to drink underage. He told the bouncer "You don't understand. I'm Mario Lopez!" The bouncer replied "Nice to meet you Mario. Come back in two years."

Nice story but I was fully expecting a "he took his shirt off at some point" comment.

Nice story but I was fully expecting a "he took his shirt off at some point" comment.

Back before google was a thing we used to think it was funny to try to convince people at parties that Jennifer Lopez was Mario Lopez's sister.

Back before google was a thing we used to think it was funny to try to convince people at parties that Jennifer Lopez was Mario Lopez's sister.

Like Dustin Diamond was the brother of Mike Diamond from the Beastie Boys?

Even with Google, some here don't believe you're one of my heirs.

Back