Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Culture

Scooter Banks

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    You’d have to point us to some kind of proof that Twitter’s policy favors one group over another.
    I'm pretty sure Ben Shapiro saying it is all the proof anyone should need.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Consider youself on ignore.
    I'll consider it.

Though, I never would have guessed you'd be averse to a little contrarian conversation on the boards...it's like your whole schtick as far as I can tell. Or maybe that was Paul's schtick. Either way, see ya.
    Birds are real.

Banhammer'd
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I'll consider it.

Though, I never would have guessed you'd be averse to a little contrarian conversation on the boards...it's like your whole schtick as far as I can tell. Or maybe that was Paul's schtick. Either way, see ya.
    Join the club! Cigars and bourbon or cognac on Thursday nights.

I'll consider it.

I don't think Biff takes the boards seriously enough to put anyone, much less you, on ignore fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by warak View Post
    I was about to post this exact same thing. Twitter policies are clearly posted and it is nobodies fault but their own if they break that policy. There are a lot of truly horrible people that did not cross that line and still have their Twitter.
    Did you not read the OP? In no world does what the Daily Citizen posted violate Twitter's policy.

Quote Originally Posted by MHBDemon View Post
    Wasn’t a NYT editor recently fired for saying she got chills watching the inauguration?
    Yes there was a big kerfluffle on Twitter about Glenn Greenwald signal boosting that criticism that led to her getting fired. I actually thought that 1 criticism of him was unfair, although his moved from far left lunatic to far right lunatic has been fascinating

Quote Originally Posted by WakeBored View Post
    Did you not read the OP? In no world does what the Daily Citizen posted violate Twitter's policy.
    Misgendering and denying the gender identity of a trans person is harassment.

Never Murdered My FIL
    If it wasn’t harassment, what was the point of the tweet using the language it did?

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    If it wasn’t harassment, what was the point of the tweet using the language it did?
    just locker room talk

Never Murdered My FIL
    I’m all for the nuance, but it’s a weird position to feel so strongly about that communities - digital or real - don’t have the right to moderate people being assholes. The “be tolerant of my intolerance” argument is just as tired as it has always been.

What the Daily Citizen wrote may offend liberal snowflake sensibilities, but it's not harassment from a legal perspective, and the question isn't close, if words have meaning beyond what liberal snowflakes want them to mean.

ha·rass

verb

subject to aggressive pressure or intimidation

Cancel Culture

Two “snowflakes” in one run on sentence.

Jesus Junebug, have some dignity.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Conservatives have claimed to be harassed by far less.

And like BBD stated, misgendering is definitely harassment.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 02-02-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    Two “snowflakes” in one run on sentence.

Jesus Junebug, have some dignity.
    No two are identical

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Conservatives have claimed to be harassed by far less.

And like BBD stated, misgendering is definitely harassment.
    That’s kind of the point of the whole controversy.

Whatever organization this is says some asshole shit on social media, and they got out in timeout. Then they freak out about it.

Scooter Banks

What the Daily Citizen wrote may offend liberal snowflake sensibilities, but it's not harassment from a legal perspective, and the question isn't close, if words have meaning beyond what liberal snowflakes want them to mean.

ha·rass

verb

You should be smart enough to know this, but the legal definition of harassment has zero relevancy here.

So, this Daily Citizen is part of Focus on The Family. That should tell you what you need to know about them. If you look at their tweets, they are clearly obsessed with transgender issues.

ha·rass

verb

But we are not dealing with the legal definition we are dealing with Twitter’s terms of service definition. Twitter may have snow flakes write their terms of service, but that is kind of irrelevant.
    Birds are real.

But we are not dealing with the legal definition we are dealing with Twitter’s terms of service definition. Twitter may have snow flakes write their terms of service, but that is kind of irrelevant.
    You misunderstand me. I'm saying that if a court were to interpret Twitter's terms of service--as a court would be called upon to do if the Daily Citizen sued--it would conclude that the Daily Citizen did not violate them.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    ...misgendering is definitely harassment.
    Especially when it is done singling out an individual person.
    Birds are real.

Junebug- is it harassment to misgender a trans person y/n?