• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cancel Culture

Looks like Junebug and DeSantis are on the same level.

That's so unconstitutional it makes my head spin. But this is the danger of packing the courts with Junebug level morons.

I didn’t watch it before. That was a mistake. It’s worth the two minutes.

I assume you are talking about the Newsmax/My Pillow guy thing? If so, it is hilarious. I love that he is rambling on in the background (sounds like he is underwater) while the Newsmax guy reads some canned wording about Newsmax nor finding any evidence of the bullshit that My Pillow guy was starting to claim.

Good luck to Florida's state government in trying to enforce this and getting companies to pay the fine. And just today The National Review, which loves DeSantis so, said that he deserved an apology from librul media for doing such a great job with the pandemic compared to New York and all those blue states. Right.

You know, when even Newsmax shuts you down on the air and basically tells you to shut up because you're spouting lies, then maybe you ought to listen to what they're saying and seriously re-evaluate what you're doing and saying. Nah.

Last edited:
conservatives care about the most insignificant shit. who gives a damn about what gender a person you’ll never meet identifies as?

Since the action didn't happen in FL, how would the state have standing? Wouldn't this be like FL trying to fine NJ for legalizing pot and allowing FL residents to buy it in Atlantic City?

You’ve reversed this. Male and Female labels are biological, man and woman labels are societal. So the tweet would need to say “a male who identifies as a woman” not a “man that thinks he is a woman.”

Without having researched the Daily Citizen, isn’t it possible they did not understand the difference between these two phrases (or still do not)? Isn’t the better response to reply with an explanation rather than suspend the account? Any further replies would make it clear whether the intent was to harass or not, and maybe somebody would learn something.

Apparently Twitter also suspended a catholic publication for referring to her as “a biological man identifying as a transgender woman” but then reversed it on appeal. My point is that using the wrong words without some kind of malice should not be considered harassment and is not a reason to automatically shut down the conversation.

They're focus on the family. We all know their intent. It's not Twitter's responsibility to educate the thousands of people and orgs it suspends every day.

conservatives care about the most insignificant shit. who gives a damn about what gender a person you’ll never meet identifies as?

God created humans male and female, and that matters. In recent years, a revisionist transgender theology has been put forth in some theological circles that violates God’s clearly articulated and intentional design for the two sexes. This distorts His image and His plan for sexuality, marriage, family and the just and proper ordering of society.

Focus on the Family: TRANSGENDERISM – OUR POSITION

I'm not giving FotF a click, but based on the directory structure "/get-help" I'm going to guess that they take a "pray the gay away" position.

Those in power don't seriously care about this issue. It's just another way to stir up fear and anger which keep them in power and keep the money flowing.

So private companies banning conservatives from saying hateful or false crap on social media is an example of cancel culture run amok and such companies should be forced to let these people post whatever they want, but a private Christian school expelling a second-grader for telling a female classmate that she has a crush on her (she's ghey!) is no doubt perfectly OK, well within their rights, and is not an example of cancel culture for differing viewpoints. Right?

Link to NBC News article: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/second-grade-girl-expelled-christian-230718984.html

I could see Laura Loomer trying to run for something again just so she can be re-platformed

So why are they protesting a trans person in a cabinet position? Seems like if God has a plan this is going along with it.

if not part of god's plan then the trans person, and the people who support trans people, are sinners who are going to hell anyway and these "christians" won't have to deal with them in the afterlife either

if not part of god's plan then the trans person, and the people who support trans people, are sinners who are going to hell anyway and these "christians" won't have to deal with them in the afterlife either

Well if gender is all about body parts and not one's soul, then they won't have to worry about gender in the afterlife either.

Surprised Junebug hasn't come by to complain about the LIBERAL country music stations cancelling poor Morgan Wallen.

[h=1]Country Radio Quickly Removing Morgan Wallen From Playlists After Racial Slur[/h] Cumulus Media sent a directive to its 400-plus stations to remove the country star from its playlists. More stations are expected to follow, and DSPs also looked to be removing Wallen from their landing pages — a stunning development for someone who was the most successful recording artist in any genre at the moment.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/morgan-wallen-country-radio-removed-racial-slur-1234899010/

Back