Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 249

Thread: Cancel Culture

  1. #121
    Is that the dude who was going to play on SNL but went to a mask less party and made out with co-eds in Tuscaloosa instead?

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Well if gender is all about body parts and not one's soul, then they won't have to worry about gender in the afterlife either.


    Surprised Junebug hasn't come by to complain about the LIBERAL country music stations cancelling poor Morgan Wallen.

    Country Radio Quickly Removing Morgan Wallen From Playlists After Racial Slur

    Cumulus Media sent a directive to its 400-plus stations to remove the country star from its playlists. More stations are expected to follow, and DSPs also looked to be removing Wallen from their landing pages — a stunning development for someone who was the most successful recording artist in any genre at the moment.


    https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...ur-1234899010/
    SNL booked this guy last year but canceled him when they saw video of him partying maskless. but then they had him on later anyway. so canceled, then un-canceled, and I guess now canceled again.

  3. #123
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    Dems should "cancel" every GOP candidate in 2022 by including ads of the Capitol being attacked and MTG.

  4. #124
    Junebug:

    Katie Hill resigned the House because her ex-husband leaked nudes and Al Franken left the Senate because he made inappropriate jokes.

    Boebart and Marj incited insurrection, gave information to the insurrections, and have been recorded talking about killing fellows members of Congress. Neither is leaving voluntarily, or under any real pressure to do so by their Republican colleagues.

    So shut the fuck up with Cancel Culture. The only reason any conservative ever gets "cancelled" is because just how horrible and shameless you all are. If you bigots would self-regulate then nobody would have to use CAPITALISM to stop you from spreading hate and ruining lives.

    Hopefully COVID CANCELS the anti-science crowd that your side emboldens, our population is still way too dumb.
    Last edited by BillBrasky; 02-03-2021 at 01:22 PM.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Junebug:

    Katie Hill resigned the House because her ex-husband leaked nudes and Al Franken left the Senate because he made inappropriate jokes.

    Boebart and Marj incited insurrection, gave information to the insurrections, and have been recorded talking about killing fellows members of Congress. Neither is leaving voluntarily, or under any real pressure to do so by their Republican colleagues.

    So shut the fuck up with Cancel Culture. The only reason any conservative ever gets "cancelled" is because just how horrible and shameless you all are. If you bigots would self-regulate then nobody would have to use CAPITALISM to stop you from spreading hate and ruining lives.

    Hopefully COVID CANCELS the anti-science crowd that your side emboldens, our population is still way too dumb.
    Your point still stands but Franken left the senate because he liked to grope women against their will. I guess he could say he was joking, but this was a #MeToo ouster.
    Birds are real.

  6. #126
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,354
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    SNL booked this guy last year but canceled him when they saw video of him partying maskless. but then they had him on later anyway. so canceled, then un-canceled, and I guess now canceled again.
    Yeah. They had him on with Jason Bateman and did a pretty good sketch about him partying maskless.

  7. #127
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,975
    Nothing says cancel culture like constantly hearing about cancel culture from people who are apparently being cancelled and yet are telling millions of people about it on the millions of venues on which they are not cancelled. You really have to be a sucker to fall for this BS.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Your point still stands but Franken left the senate because he liked to grope women against their will. I guess he could say he was joking, but this was a #MeToo ouster.
    Whoops definitely misremembered that. Forgot that Leeann Tweeden was involved. Glad he resigned.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooshmoo View Post
    Nothing says cancel culture like constantly hearing about cancel culture from people who are apparently being cancelled and yet are telling millions of people about it on the millions of venues on which they are not cancelled. You really have to be a sucker to fall for this BS.
    Exactly. Why can't these crying ass losers create their own private safe spaces who won't their IP being associated with bigotry and hatred.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Well if gender is all about body parts and not one's soul, then they won't have to worry about gender in the afterlife either.


    Surprised Junebug hasn't come by to complain about the LIBERAL country music stations cancelling poor Morgan Wallen.

    Country Radio Quickly Removing Morgan Wallen From Playlists After Racial Slur

    Cumulus Media sent a directive to its 400-plus stations to remove the country star from its playlists. More stations are expected to follow, and DSPs also looked to be removing Wallen from their landing pages — a stunning development for someone who was the most successful recording artist in any genre at the moment.


    https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...ur-1234899010/
    While some fans pointed out that Wallen appeared to be using the term as a “term of endearment” among friends and not as invective, the zero tolerance policy for the word is unlikely to get him any reprieves any time soon among major media companies, regardless of how fans might react when many of them awaken to the news that a hero of theirs is in disgrace Wednesday morning.

    Wallen has a history of having used the N-word on social media, quoting rap lyrics. Back in 2012, when he would have been 18, the then-unknown sent out a tweet that is a lyric by rapper Meek Mill: “I burn bread i aint talkin toast n—-.”
    So Cumulus Media has a "zero tolerance" policy for the word in question, and rightfully so. Does that not mean that everyone saying said word should receive a similar ban from Cumulus stations?

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    So Cumulus Media has a "zero tolerance" policy for the word in question, and rightfully so. Does that not mean that everyone saying said word should receive a similar ban from Cumulus stations?
    Oh yes the dumb as fuck "argument" that all language means the same, regardless of who says it.

    It really is just the greatest hits with you simpletons, isn't it?

  12. #132
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    This wasn't Wallen's first transgression besides SNL he got in trouble in Nashville.

    Of course this is another example of snowflake conservatives not believing in personal responsibility regardless of how many times they say they do.

  13. #133
    Scooter Banks

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    8,975
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    So Cumulus Media has a "zero tolerance" policy for the word in question, and rightfully so. Does that not mean that everyone saying said word should receive a similar ban from Cumulus stations?
    I'm not at all surprised you haven't progressed beyond this level.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Oh yes the dumb as fuck "argument" that all language means the same, regardless of who says it.

    It really is just the greatest hits with you simpletons, isn't it?
    Okay great. So then what is your understanding of "zero tolerance" in this situation?

  15. #135
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    How much fun would a 2&2 and Junebug law firm be?

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Your point still stands but Franken left the senate because he liked to grope women against their will. I guess he could say he was joking, but this was a #MeToo ouster.
    I don't think Franken should have resigned, and I don't think he would have but for the fact that it was the height of the me-too movement. At the time, disputing allegations would have been a bit like a drunk person insisting they are not an alcoholic: it may certainly be true, but it's not going to look true.

  17. #137
    2&2 and Junebug are the Sidney Powell/Lin Wood of Wake Forest.

  18. #138
    I'm just trying to figure out what "zero tolerance" means in the context of a group of radio stations.

    Because, on one hand, one singer gets (rightfully) banned from said stations because he uses a particular word when outside in the street doing whatever he is doing and it is caught on video.

    On the other hand, the same group of radio stations makes money throughout 2020 by playing a song at the top of the year-long hip hop chart (Rockstar by Da Baby) that uses the exact same word no less than 14 times in the song itself.

    So (a) what is the zero tolerance policy in this situation? And (b) how can that zero tolerance policy apply if the the same stations are literally making money off of promoting the exact same word?

    I 100% agree that Morgan Wallen should be banned for what he said. But to expect anyone to take the hypocrisy of the situation touted as social progress as anything more than a publicity stunt is ridiculous. If they were actually concerned about the use of the word, they wouldn't literally play songs containing the word across their stations.

  19. #139
    Lol. Galaxy brain.

  20. #140
    “All these SJWs are actually doing the right thing but they still suck. In this essay I will...”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •