• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cancel Culture

This could go on the #MeToo thread, but I'll put it here.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ed-for-future-warner-bros-television-projects

Apparently the LIBS want to CANCEL rapey skunks.

It's been a while, but I feel like the rapey skunk was clearly not supposed to be the good guy in those cartoons, and we the viewers were supposed to take pleasure when he failed. Sort of like Oscar on Sesame Street.

Speaking of Sesame Street and cancel culture, we might have to cancel the letter U, for repeatedly harassing Smokey Robinson on the set of Sesame Street in 1985, a harassment which escalated into non-consensual salad tossing and Smokey being forcibly dragged into a rape void.

It's been a while, but I feel like the rapey skunk was clearly not supposed to be the good guy in those cartoons, and we the viewers were supposed to take pleasure when he failed. Sort of like Oscar on Sesame Street.

Bullshit. Pepe LePew is the greatest French character in history. Besides that, he's acting like a normal wild skunk would act. He just doesn't realize he's trying to fuck a cat. A normal female skunk would be down to fuck Pepe in a heartbeat.

Yeah. The Pepe scene cut from Space Jam 2 gets at that.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/pepe-l...rk-times-rape-culture-controversy-1234708688/

But wait until you hear about the scene with Pepe which was cut.
Pepe was set to appear in a black-and-white Casablanca-like Rick’s Cafe sequence. Pepe, playing a bartender, starts hitting on a woman at the bar played by Santo. He begins kissing her arm, which she pulls back, then slamming Pepe into the chair next to hers. She then pours her drink on Pepe, and slaps him hard, sending him spinning in a stool, which is then stopped by LeBron James’ hand. James and Bugs Bunny are looking for Lola, and Pepe knows her whereabouts. Pepe then tells the guys that Penelope cat has filed a restraining order against him. James makes a remark in the script that Pepe can’t grab other Tunes without their consent.

That probably would have been awesome. Not only that but the actress cast as the bartender is a victim of sexual harassment and was excited to be the one to slap Pepe.

Upon learning that her scene with Pepe was cut, Santo was upset according to her spokesperson. The actress-singer has been a victim of sexual harassment and has spoken out against it; even recording a debut single “Você Você” back in February 2018 with multi- Grammy-winning producer Humberto Gatica to empower women to stand up to sexual predators and sexual harassment. Santo even has a non-profit, Glam with Greice, which aims to empower victims of domestic violence to change their lives for the better. Santo took joy in shooting the Space Jam sequel scene with Pepe, because the skunk finally gets his comeuppance.

A spokesperson for Santo tells Deadline today, “This was such a big deal for Greice to be in this movie. Even though Pepe is a cartoon character, if anyone was going to slap a sexual harasser like him, Greice wished it would be her. Now the scene is cut, and she doesn’t have that power to influence the world through younger generations who’ll be watching Space Jam 2, to let younger girls and younger boys know that Pepe’s behavior is unacceptable.”

The problem here is that Lebron is a shitty producer.

so we got Pepe Le Pew, the Letter U, Myers Leonard, Sesame Street, Property Taxes, Clifford "TI" Harris and Papa John for a 2nd time. Not bad for one day.

Last edited:
Hadn't seen Meyers Leonard yet. Damn. That stuff doesn't just come out when you're playing video games unless it's part of your regular vocabulary. I didn't even know that was a current slur.

I remember when Papa Johns was good back when Pizza Hut was the baseline standard for pizza.

This is good.

Bullshit. Pepe LePew is the greatest French character in history. Besides that, he's acting like a normal wild skunk would act. He just doesn't realize he's trying to fuck a cat. A normal female skunk would be down to fuck Pepe in a heartbeat.

To be fair, females of most species, skunks included, are way less eager to mate than males.

To be fair, females of most species, skunks included, are way less eager to mate than males.

Something, something, Mako’s mom.

And the target of Pepe’s affection was a cat.

Which is a major part of the whole LePew plot, which I noted.

Yes, but you said that if the cat was a skunk she'd have been into Pepe, and I was noting that females are often less into mating than males.

Yes, but you said that if the cat was a skunk she'd have been into Pepe, and I was noting that females are often less into mating than males.

Maybe so, but this is Pepe LePew we’re talking about. Whole new ballgame for the typical female skunk.

“The new movie, which stars LeBron James and will be released in the U.S. on July 16, 2021, sees Lola Bunny transformed into a less sexualized character, with her body appearing less womanly and more rabbit-like. The new Lola has also switched out the mini shorts and sports bra for a baggy jersey and shorts outfit.”

I didn’t know rabbit bodies were into 90s style baggy jerseys and shorts.

I mean I don't know why I'd go watch a cartoon movie if I couldn't get aroused by the female cartoons

Not sure how I feel about this. Need to see Lola’s pronouns to truly judge.

Back