Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
Results 241 to 249 of 249

Thread: Cancel Culture

  1. #241
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,700
    They’re proudly ass-backwards though.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by warak View Post
    so complain that cancel culture is ruining history...what do you do, cancel the people you are complaining about. isn't this also cancel culture?

    having said that, the vote still remains and they can remove the statue until the bill gets voted on.

    Tenn is ass-backwards
    This is just more evidence that what many have said here is simply true - the GOP is only opposed to cancel culture if they're not in control of it. As long as they are, they're perfectly fine bullying or threatening or firing people that dare to disagree with them.

    For more evidence, just look at our glorious NC Lt. Governor, Mark Robinson. In what has almost certainly been a nightmare year for teachers and students alike, Robinson has created a "task force" that will take complaints from students and parents about teachers who are "indoctrinating" students with vile left-wing beliefs (and I would imagine that their definition of left-wing is a very broad and vague one). And since NC teachers hired after 2013 no longer have tenure, it's pretty obvious what will happen to teachers who get reported - they may well find themselves and their careers canceled.


  3. #243
    Rusty Larue
    DeaconSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    11,331
    Its hard to believe that NC may have found a Lt. Governor worse that Dan Forest.

  4. #244
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    This is just more evidence that what many have said here is simply true - the GOP is only opposed to cancel culture if they're not in control of it. As long as they are, they're perfectly fine bullying or threatening or firing people that dare to disagree with them.

    For more evidence, just look at our glorious NC Lt. Governor, Mark Robinson. In what has almost certainly been a nightmare year for teachers and students alike, Robinson has created a "task force" that will take complaints from students and parents about teachers who are "indoctrinating" students with vile left-wing beliefs (and I would imagine that their definition of left-wing is a very broad and vague one). And since NC teachers hired after 2013 no longer have tenure, it's pretty obvious what will happen to teachers who get reported - they may well find themselves and their careers canceled.

    They’re trying to do this in Florida as well.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    They’re trying to do this in Florida as well.
    don't worry ph. you're not a teacher (just a covid free educator) so you're safe!

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    They’re trying to do this in Florida as well.
    And of course this is why tenure was created in the first place - to prevent educators from being fired (or threatened with such) for blatantly political or frivolous reasons.

  7. #247


    gave this a read and thought it was an insightful look into just how vulnerable college athletic teams are in today's culture wars
    semi-aquatic like otters be.

  8. #248
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,700
    Was someone out there arguing that or is this a strawman?

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Was someone out there arguing that oral is this a strawman?
    Think you know your answer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •