• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cancel Culture

Wondering if Junebug has heard of the Mississippi professor fired for criticizing the university.

Twitter can have whatever policy it wants, but defining "harassment" that broadly is dumb.

I think you just enjoy parsing everyone's words. Regardless of the policy, they obviously probably missed a couple of million other tweets.

I think you get mad when people correct you and you call it word parsing. Now that you know how tweets that violate the policies are identified, what's your point? There are probably 10's millions of tweets by people with ~27 followers that violate the terms of service but no one ever reports them, so they stay on the platform. I've probably violated twitter's policies with my own tweets about the mockingbird in my front yard being a boring ass gray bird with a loud mouth, but no one reports them. My point is that there isn't a vast conspiracy of social media corporations trying to suppress and cancel christian culture, there is a policy that uses community members to enforce it and it therefore gets selectively enforced depending on what the community members decide to report.

Remember, Junebug went crying to the mods when I made a joke directly derived from Oceans Eleven. Him crying about cancel culture is laughable, hypocritical, weak and typical. It's who he is and has always been.

no one has ever used the term "cancel culture" in good faith.

also, rj, saying "I know a guy" is not just from Ocean's 11. it's a pretty common phrase and has existed before that movie. that's like saying "put a little force behind it" and saying you're paraphrasing Star Wars.

I think you get mad when people correct you and you call it word parsing. Now that you know how tweets that violate the policies are identified, what's your point? There are probably 10's millions of tweets by people with ~27 followers that violate the terms of service but no one ever reports them, so they stay on the platform. I've probably violated twitter's policies with my own tweets about the mockingbird in my front yard being a boring ass gray bird with a loud mouth, but no one reports them. My point is that there isn't a vast conspiracy of social media corporations trying to suppress and cancel christian culture, there is a policy that uses community members to enforce it and it therefore gets selectively enforced depending on what the community members decide to report.

Consider youself on ignore.

Republicans have been whining about PC culture destroying the country for at least a quarter of a century, and yet we are somehow still here. Now they've just changed the name to cancel culture. Bottom line is they just want carte blanche to be racist, misogynistic, discriminatory asshole bullies without repercussion. As always, they are also complete hypocrites about it. I mean, this fuckin guy:

no one has ever used the term "cancel culture" in good faith.

also, rj, saying "I know a guy" is not just from Ocean's 11. it's a pretty common phrase and has existed before that movie. that's like saying "put a little force behind it" and saying you're paraphrasing Star Wars.

You are correct about the omnipresence of that term. However, I had just watched Ocean's Eleven a few minutes before I made the post. :)

Republicans have been whining about PC culture destroying the country for at least a quarter of a century, and yet we are somehow still here. Now they've just changed the name to cancel culture. Bottom line is they just want carte blanche to be racist, misogynistic, discriminatory asshole bullies without repercussion. As always, they are also complete hypocrites about it. I mean, this fuckin guy:

Hey Jr., isn't your father an alleged pedo?

Keep this in mind when Junebug comes back to find a dozen or so posts rebuking his OP.

Yeah, I never could have guessed that this board wouldn't have a problem with Big Tech's selective enforcement and viewpoint discrimination against conservatives.

Yeah, I never could have guessed that this board wouldn't have a problem with Big Tech's selective enforcement and viewpoint discrimination against conservatives.

I would have never guessed that Chickenbug would cry about people he supports being held accountable for their actions.

I would never have guessed that it snows in Alaska in the winter either.

14f4035042a19a6995a7e08b9c85e4d1.jpg

Remember, Junebug went crying to the mods when I made a joke directly derived from Oceans Eleven. Him crying about cancel culture is laughable, hypocritical, weak and typical. It's who he is and has always been.

RJ, this is at least the third time you have brought this up--unprovoked--since the mods let you out of your cage a month ago. I thought you wanted peace? I am going to say this one more time, and one more time only, but I did not contact the mods. I posted the rep you sent me, in which you said "maybe I should have my guy find your law office," on a thread (I think it was the chat thread, but I don't recall for sure), and the mods, independent of any urging by me, determined you should be banned for it. No matter how many times you say otherwise will not make it true.

The next time you bring this up--and every time after that--I am simply going to copy the post you directed at Strick that got you put in your cage:

Strickland is the kind of Jew who creates Nazis. His posting history shows he'd likely have been a collaborator turning in fellow Jews hoping for an extra morsel of bread.

Govern yourself accordingly. Also, "fuck off."

--some movie, probably

I like statements like this because conservatives admit that the important part of their beliefs isn’t economic policies and such. Nobody is kicking them of platforms for discussing the Laffer Curve. What’s really important to conservatives is hate speech, disinformation, and fueling violence against people of other backgrounds.

Stay proud, Junebug.

Junebug leaping from "Fuck yeah capitalism, it creates American Exceptionalism and it rules!" in one thread to "private company can't enforce own rules around harassment and discrimination on its own platform" in another thread is fun.

The difference is I apologized for posting that. You still feel justified for your passive-aggressive whining.

Maybe you should just admit you were wrong...nah, you never do that..

You don't even get the irony of you starting a thread like this one.

The difference is I apologized for posting that. You still feel justified for your passive-aggressive whining.

Maybe you should just admit you were wrong...nah, you never do that..

You don't even get the irony of you starting a thread like this one.

Strickland is the kind of Jew who creates Nazis. His posting history shows he'd likely have been a collaborator turning in fellow Jews hoping for an extra morsel of bread.

Back