• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cancel Culture

Consider youself on ignore.

I'll consider it.

Though, I never would have guessed you'd be averse to a little contrarian conversation on the boards...it's like your whole schtick as far as I can tell. Or maybe that was Paul's schtick. Either way, see ya.

I'll consider it.

Though, I never would have guessed you'd be averse to a little contrarian conversation on the boards...it's like your whole schtick as far as I can tell. Or maybe that was Paul's schtick. Either way, see ya.

Join the club! Cigars and bourbon or cognac on Thursday nights. :)

I'll consider it.

I don't think Biff takes the boards seriously enough to put anyone, much less you, on ignore fwiw.

I was about to post this exact same thing. Twitter policies are clearly posted and it is nobodies fault but their own if they break that policy. There are a lot of truly horrible people that did not cross that line and still have their Twitter.

Did you not read the OP? In no world does what the Daily Citizen posted violate Twitter's policy.

Wasn’t a NYT editor recently fired for saying she got chills watching the inauguration?
Yes there was a big kerfluffle on Twitter about Glenn Greenwald signal boosting that criticism that led to her getting fired. I actually thought that 1 criticism of him was unfair, although his moved from far left lunatic to far right lunatic has been fascinating

If it wasn’t harassment, what was the point of the tweet using the language it did?

I’m all for the nuance, but it’s a weird position to feel so strongly about that communities - digital or real - don’t have the right to moderate people being assholes. The “be tolerant of my intolerance” argument is just as tired as it has always been.

What the Daily Citizen wrote may offend liberal snowflake sensibilities, but it's not harassment from a legal perspective, and the question isn't close, if words have meaning beyond what liberal snowflakes want them to mean.

ha·rass

verb

subject to aggressive pressure or intimidation

Two “snowflakes” in one run on sentence.

Jesus Junebug, have some dignity.

Conservatives have claimed to be harassed by far less.

And like BBD stated, misgendering is definitely harassment.

Last edited:
Conservatives have claimed to be harassed by far less.

And like BBD stated, misgendering is definitely harassment.

That’s kind of the point of the whole controversy.

Whatever organization this is says some asshole shit on social media, and they got out in timeout. Then they freak out about it.

What the Daily Citizen wrote may offend liberal snowflake sensibilities, but it's not harassment from a legal perspective, and the question isn't close, if words have meaning beyond what liberal snowflakes want them to mean.

ha·rass

verb

You should be smart enough to know this, but the legal definition of harassment has zero relevancy here.

So, this Daily Citizen is part of Focus on The Family. That should tell you what you need to know about them. If you look at their tweets, they are clearly obsessed with transgender issues.

ha·rass

verb

But we are not dealing with the legal definition we are dealing with Twitter’s terms of service definition. Twitter may have snow flakes write their terms of service, but that is kind of irrelevant.

But we are not dealing with the legal definition we are dealing with Twitter’s terms of service definition. Twitter may have snow flakes write their terms of service, but that is kind of irrelevant.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying that if a court were to interpret Twitter's terms of service--as a court would be called upon to do if the Daily Citizen sued--it would conclude that the Daily Citizen did not violate them.

Junebug- is it harassment to misgender a trans person y/n?

Back