• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#LegalizeIt (and other drug policy thread)

Shell station next to Carowinds in SC would be out of control when there was big Powerball money on the line.

Yet I look forward to the huge dispensaries in Emporia, South Boston, Danville, and Fancy Gap; as well as the NC small town cops and state troopers pulling everyone over for going 4 mph over the speed limit.

Yet I look forward to the huge dispensaries in Emporia, South Boston, Danville, and Fancy Gap; as well as the NC small town cops and state troopers pulling everyone over for going 4 mph over the speed limit.

Thankfully I know all the back roads.

*moved from Biden/Pelosi/Schumer thread*

This is the mayor of Birmingham:

I really cannot understand the resistance to national legalization from the Democrats

Yeah I don’t get it, it’s like they are stuck with the stereotype of what using weed means, criminal! And that won’t play with their older constituents. They should all be forced to go stand in line at a shop where it’s legal and see all the elderly white people loading up on every conceivable product.

is there any lower hanging fruit than weed?

maybe physical infrastructure or higher minimum wage

Weed would be the easiest of those to put into action and would immediately bring in revenue without major government intervention.

Other than idiocy, I have no idea the motivation.

stakes in or campaign contributions from private prisons

also the dems are just stuck with permanent 1992 brain where they have to be tough on crime to be competitive with the GOP

I really cannot understand the resistance to national legalization from the Democrats

I might be overly cynical, but I think it's because the national economic infrastructure necessary to protect the potential profits from nationwide legalization for the overwhelmingly white economic elite isn't quite ready yet. They'll be ready to pull the trigger when their wealthy donors have their supply chains set up and tell them it's OK to move.

Back