Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #LegalizeIt (and other drug policy thread)

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Shell station next to Carowinds in SC would be out of control when there was big Powerball money on the line.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Yet I look forward to the huge dispensaries in Emporia, South Boston, Danville, and Fancy Gap; as well as the NC small town cops and state troopers pulling everyone over for going 4 mph over the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Yet I look forward to the huge dispensaries in Emporia, South Boston, Danville, and Fancy Gap; as well as the NC small town cops and state troopers pulling everyone over for going 4 mph over the speed limit.
    Thankfully I know all the back roads.

*moved from Biden/Pelosi/Schumer thread*

This is the mayor of Birmingham:

I really cannot understand the resistance to national legalization from the Democrats

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    I really cannot understand the resistance to national legalization from the Democrats
    Other than idiocy, I have no idea the motivation.

Yeah I donít get it, itís like they are stuck with the stereotype of what using weed means, criminal! And that wonít play with their older constituents. They should all be forced to go stand in line at a shop where itís legal and see all the elderly white people loading up on every conceivable product.

is there any lower hanging fruit than weed?

maybe physical infrastructure or higher minimum wage

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Weed would be the easiest of those to put into action and would immediately bring in revenue without major government intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Other than idiocy, I have no idea the motivation.
    stakes in or campaign contributions from private prisons

also the dems are just stuck with permanent 1992 brain where they have to be tough on crime to be competitive with the GOP

Scooter Banks

"the dems"

Biden does need to get his head out of his ass on this issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    I might be overly cynical, but I think it's because the national economic infrastructure necessary to protect the potential profits from nationwide legalization for the overwhelmingly white economic elite isn't quite ready yet. They'll be ready to pull the trigger when their wealthy donors have their supply chains set up and tell them it's OK to move.