• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

also was being tongue-in-cheek, phan, t-4th all time in reds is just 5, when the all time leader has 8

it's not much of a stat, mostly reflects longevity of career

also was being tongue-in-cheek, phan, t-4th all time in reds is just 5, when the all time leader has 8

Hell Hueng-Min is only a few more "accidents" away from being in the top 3

Haha, funny you bring up adult league soccer. And it's true that I prefer to try to emulate great central midfielders, but lame that just because I could run more that I'd be forced to play on the wing. I was on a team with DV7 for years and we won a title on a 2-0 win, both assists I provided in the exact same way: dribble down the side line, beat a defender, cross it from the end line to an oncoming striker. The defender I beat both times was a guy I played club with back in middle school, so that was great.

But our central midfielder on that team was also a former wake player, so no chance for me.

I prefer the defensive midfield because my greatest skill is POSITIONAL DISCIPLINE. I don't get carried away going forward and caught out of position like hungover Brasky.

GLORY YEARS

Wonder how many of those are straight reds (I know at least one is from that v bad tackle he put in on Ndidi). I don't view double-yellow reds in quite as bad a light (e.g. Lamptey's red earlier this year from Grealish dive was dumb AF), that could just mean you are putting in a lot of work and maybe have a few unfortunate breaks

Hell Hueng-Min is only a few more "accidents" away from being in the top 3

giphy.gif

Look at this dude humble bragging about having functional knees past age 30. Who would you say your game most resembles? Sounds a lot like hungover Eric Dier.

Oh that was back in my 20's. My only match so far at 30+ saw me subbed on to play LCB and RCB in a back three. That's more of my game these days. I'm still a threat to get up the field though.

Maybe?

Last time I even went out there was mid-March of 2020. Got my vaccine this past weekend so I'll update in a couple weeks.

Aight let me know, I'm down to play. Weekends will be easier if they still go on Sunday.

Haha, funny you bring up adult league soccer. And it's true that I prefer to try to emulate great central midfielders, but lame that just because I could run more that I'd be forced to play on the wing. I was on a team with DV7 for years and we won a title on a 2-0 win, both assists I provided in the exact same way: dribble down the side line, beat a defender, cross it from the end line to an oncoming striker. The defender I beat both times was a guy I played club with back in middle school, so that was great.

But our central midfielder on that team was also a former wake player, so no chance for me.

I prefer the defensive midfield because my greatest skill is POSITIONAL DISCIPLINE. I don't get carried away going forward and caught out of position like hungover Brasky

Robbie the Young Life leader!

And yes I did get forward a little too often. Especially on the mornings I was still drunk and full of confidence. Hell in our last game together I dribbled past three guys, thought I could get past the fourth, lost control and battered in to their CB who's shoulder gave me one of the nastiest black eyes you've ever seen. 100% my fault, and then I came back on and played the second half partially blind while my GF at the time, who was attending for the first time, kept trying to get me to go to the doctor.

Can't wait to get back out on the pitch boys!

Lolol, I remember that black eye! Forgot about that. That was a great team, before they disbanded. I thought we played well next to each other: you take the marauding runs forward and I .... Hold.

Lolol, I remember that black eye! Forgot about that. That was a great team, before they disbanded. I thought we played well next to each other: you take the marauding runs forward and I .... Hold.

Robbie and David in midfield was unfair fantastic for that league

Son has been giving Ndombele pointers on how to go down as if you have been shot after minimal contact

These fuckers were time wasting fifteen minutes in. Dude spent 3 minutes changing his shoes *on the pitch* at thirty minutes. Diving all over the place. And then we give them those clown goals

Solid tactics, I guess

Back