• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Hammers had possession for roughly 4 of the first 15 minutes, and in that time managed 4 shots on goal with 2 in the net

Shipped five unanswered goals in two games but still four points! Heart attack hammers!

A really lackluster performance by United vs. Granada, but still 2-0 with two away goals is big going into the 2nd leg next week. Will need that cushion given that Shaw, McTominay and Maguire will be missing due to yellow card accumulation. And Bailly may still be out with covid. So the back four is going to be interesting.

I mean the XG was 2.14-0.57 according to FotMob. Our inability to finish, especially through Richarlison, is the reason why this team isn’t going to qualify for Europe.

Who else would you have started today at CM? Allan and Doucoure being out leaves you with James, Gylfi and Tom. JPG got his cameo too.

I agree that this team is woefully slow and unathletic, but Carlo is playing who he can.
I thought Everton had clinical finishers?

I thought Everton had clinical finishers?

DCL is the only one that gets that praise, he is a stats nerds darling, but I still think he squanders far too many chances to ever be considered elite. I agreed with you a few weeks back that he'll never be England's #9. We've over performed xG this season, but that's mainly due to set piece conversion and because xG low balls expected goals, in my humble opinion. We are not remotely good at finishing in open play.

It just went from 6 to midnight.

"I was born to play for Manchester United."
- Eric Cantona

Wait, was this really given as offside today?!?!

The 18 yard box is even there to see that he is ONSIDE.

Drawing a line at a player's upper arm (where he can't play the ball legally) is utterly insane!

How they are implementing VAR is beyond stupid.
d7b8727db7daa7b06322c42715aa2526.jpg

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer became caretaker manager of Manchester United on December 19, 2018.

Mikel Arteta took control of Arsenal on December 20, 2019.

Can anybody rationally explain to me why Ole is constantly doubted as a good manager and Arteta is given a pass by the media?

OLE
Arteta
GPoints
GPoints
18-19
214019-20
19-20
386620-21
20-21
3060TOTAL
TOTAL5075
PPG:1.50
PPG:1.87

I don't hate on VAR as much as a lot of people, but that was pretty horrible.

Wait, was this really given as offside today?!?!

The 18 yard box is even there to see that he is ONSIDE.

Drawing a line at a player's upper arm (where he can't play the ball legally) is utterly insane!

How they are implementing VAR is beyond stupid.
d7b8727db7daa7b06322c42715aa2526.jpg

They changed the upper arm to no longer be a handball though, so it is a playable part of the body now. But these lines and everything are nonsense. Trying too hard to be technical on these calls while the ball being "played" is still subjective. I'm starting to agree that its easier to just get rid of offside calls altogether.

They changed the upper arm to no longer be a handball though, so it is a playable part of the body now. But these lines and everything are nonsense. Trying too hard to be technical on these calls while the ball being "played" is still subjective. I'm starting to agree that its easier to just get rid of offside calls altogether.

yeah, just remembering that about the upper arm now being legal, which is fucking stupid in its own right

Pretty sure the neighbors could hear me yelling after the second Dallas goal. Great result today especially playing the entire second half a man down.

Back