• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

only 5 of today's starting XI are portuguese!

Nuno is not amused.

skysports-nuno-espirito-santo_4950749.jpg

80/20 possession halfway through the first half

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

TIKI TAKA IS BULLSHIT

Signed,
Brasky

Pep abandoned tiki taka years ago. He’s said so himself.

His teams are much more direct and play with far more energy on both sides of the ball than those boring ass Barca and Spain sides from back in the day.

Last edited:
Ummm have they never heard of Thierry Henry? Alan Shearer? Wayne Rooney?

Pep abandoned tiki taka years ago. He’s said so himself.

His teams are much more direct and play with far more energy on both sides of the ball than those boring ass Barca and Spain sides from back in the day.

I know, it was just too good to pass up

In fairness, it was a nice, cool finish by Martial.

In fairness, it was a nice, cool finish by Martial.

Martin Tyler in the last decade has been very weird. I still remember very distinctly that his call of Arsenal's winning goal in extra time of the 2014 FA Cup (the one that broke the trophy "drought" that was years shorter than Spurs' current one) was like he was calling a regular mid-game goal in Matchweek 27 of two midtable teams with nothing to play for. What he gets excited for and what he doesn't get excited for makes no sense anymore. He's iconic but he's kind of going the Marv Albert route of "OK someone needs to sit him and down and tell him that he's getting phased out"

Tyler and Beglin did the EVE/SOU match on Monday night and you could have convinced me that neither one of them have watched a a non-Sky6 PL match all season.

I genuinely think that I know more about the PL than those two. Their descriptions of the playing style/form/etc. of most players on the pitch sans JWP's set piece ability lacked any nuance, and half the time they were just wrong. Especially Tyler. He didn't know shit about either team. It was embarrassing.

Ummm have they never heard of Thierry Henry? Alan Shearer? Wayne Rooney?

The argument can definitely be made. His goals/game is quite a bit better than Shearer and far better than Rooney. He's only competing with Kane and Henry in that respect. Aguero hasn't stayed as healthy and certainly won't have the length of career in the Premier League as Shearer/Rooney, but I don't think that diminishes what he's done while playing. They all have terrible hair though. So maybe Robin van Persie.

I just finished The Club by Joshua Robinson and Jonathan Clegg. I imagine it's been mentioned on here, but a must read for Premier League or sports fans in general. Really does a nice job explaining the absurd growth of the business in the UK and more broadly around the world. Also makes you understand why certain clubs operate in certain ways - not always as simple as an owner who spends money.

Pickford has had two solid matches in a row, in the discussion for MOTM for both.

So he's due for a shocking error tomorrow against West Brom.

Back