• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Second straight match the announcers said that if Mane went down after a challenge in the box he would've gotten a penalty but then praised him repeatedly for staying on his feet. I get that all these guys are "old school" but what they are doing is praising Mane for hurting his team. Maybe instead of praising the player for staying up they can slate the ref for forcing people to go down easily.

Didn't see the play in question... did Mane get a shot off or advance the ball to a dangerous area after staying on his feet at least?

Mane was over the top today not responding to being provoked or fouled

The Kovacic example wakephan09 was talking about he was two hand pushed in the back by Rudiger first too, and there were some afters he didn’t get involved with

He also got hacked and didn’t go down a few times

I respect it as a neutral in that match but if you’re a fan you want him going down and making more of those challenges, you know Kane and Grealish and Richarlison and the like are

seriously, apart from Manchester United and Liverpool -- have all other clubs won at Anfield in 2021?

Sure seems like it. Horrible two points dropped.

Mystery solved on the "personal reasons" why DDG will be out for a few weeks.

I'm glad that Hendo will get an extended run of games.

On VAR, I don't understand why the Prem doesn't do what they do in the Aussie league with the release of the discussions between the ref and the VAR so you can hear the rationale of the decision.

I'm glad that Hendo will get an extended run of games.

On VAR, I don't understand why the Prem doesn't do what they do in the Aussie league with the release of the discussions between the ref and the VAR so you can hear the rationale of the decision.

Because they know how bad it will look?

it really is baffling how poorly EPL has handled VAR

they get all the negatives -- slowing down the game, confusion for teams and fans -- without any of the benefits -- improved officiating decisions

911? Yes, I'd like to report a murder.

Hmmm this got me thinking...

I don’t have nearly the experience or history to judge but I find it hard to believe you could keep KdB out of an all time prem XI

Willian with an assist in back to back games

Finally finding form for Arsenal

Most errors leading to goals amongst outfield players in the Premier League since 2016/17:

◉ Granit Xhaka (8)
◎ Cédric Soares (5)
◎ Ben Mee (5)
◎ Simon Francis (5)
◎ Nicolás Otamendi (5)

Most errors leading to goals amongst outfield players in the Premier League since 2016/17:

◉ Granit Xhaka (8)
◎ Cédric Soares (5)
◎ Ben Mee (5)
◎ Simon Francis (5)
◎ Nicolás Otamendi (5)

That was horrendous, but the keeper was equally if not more at fault

That was horrendous, but the keeper was equally if not more at fault
Disagree. Xhaka could have played it first touch out to Chambers and been fine. Taking the extra needless touch got him in trouble then he compounded it by playing the worst possible pass choice he could have made in that situation. JV high school players don't make that kind of mistake

Xhaka has been shit since he moved to England. Not sure why he still plays for Arsenal.

Spain but the s is silent. Xhaka slows down Arsenal's attack better than most of the opposing defenders and then gifts goals like he's saint fucking nick. Give me Elneny any day of the week and twice on Sundays over Granit. FFS

Back