• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Considering Martial dove (completely embarrassing considering the scoreline) and Luiz actually did foul the Wolves player and made no attempt on the ball -- these are both the correct decisions.

You're hilarious

This has to happen.

Read the Laws of the Game. I beg of you.

I have and you can't have it both ways. Bednarek made no more of play on the ball than Luiz did. If anything, Bednarek deliberately did not make a play on the ball: he pulled away from Martial, he put his hands up to avoid contact, and he moved his foot away from making a challenge. Even so, Bednarek makes more contact with Martial than Luiz did with Willian Jose, so if you're saying that Martial dove (correct) then Willian Jose also dove (also correct, Luiz's minimal contact had nothing to do with him throwing himself to the ground a second later).

All I'm saying is that even if I grant your own premises, overturning one and not the other is nonsensical. And you literally are the only person that has seen both incidents that I've come into contact with that thinks you can separate the two decisions.

I don't think they are equal challenges because I don't think Bednarek fouled Martial.

Considering Martial dove (completely embarrassing considering the scoreline) and Luiz actually did foul the Wolves player and made no attempt on the ball -- these are both the correct decisions.

They’ll never do this but I wouldn’t mind seeing retroactive yellows for dives too

They’ll never do this but I wouldn’t mind seeing retroactive yellows for dives too

Three seasons ago they issued retroactive bans for diving, shockingly Everton’s Oumar Niasse was the first to get one. Mo Salah had an absolutely horrendous dive a couple of weeks later so they naturally decided to just quietly stop enforcing the rule and he wasn’t banned.

Sort of like all the backlash against the handball rule they’ve just decided to change course altogether on except for sometimes

Oh look the PL just rescheduled the Man City match from back in December that they bribed their way out of even though they had plenty of healthy players and played 4 days later. And guess when it is? The Wednesday night (2/17 - 8:45 kickoff) before the Saturday derby at Anfield. A transparently corrupt move that this very poster told you was going to happen when it was first postponed. Liverpool play Leipzig that Tuesday, so they will get 24 hours more rest than Everton. The weekend before Man City play Sat (2/13) and Everton Sun (2/14) so they will get 24 hours more rest than Everton before our match.

This is how you manipulate and corrupt sport.

Dude... they picked a week where Everton's next opponent played midweek too in order to minimize the "disadvantage" that Everton would have had with fewer days rest.

Meanwhile, it's smack dab in the middle of City playing vs Spurs and @ Arsenal. So they were certainly done no favors in terms of timing.

Jesus. Tap dancing. Christ.

You sound like a fucking Q truther.

Dude... they picked a week where Everton's next opponent played midweek too in order to minimize the "disadvantage" that Everton would have had with fewer days rest.

Meanwhile, it's smack dab in the middle of City playing vs Spurs and @ Arsenal. So they were certainly done no favors in terms of timing.

Jesus. Tap dancing. Christ.

You sound like a fucking Q truther.

So we get a day less of rest than both Liverpool and Man City before we play them back-to-back in 65 hours. But they did us a favor?
They did not have to pick this week. And they didn't have to postpone it in the first place.

Just follow the money DV7, we know why this was done.

I never said they did Everton any favors. So let's make sure that's understood. I just said they didn't do Man City, a "sky/big 6/whatever" club, any favors. And they didn't.

And as for the original postponement, you certainly have an argument for since they've not said exactly why they made that decision -- risk of the health to Everton players/staff as well? Who knows.

As for "follow the money" -- wtf does this even mean? Do you think that the Prem gives a shit where the prize money goes? Or who wins the league? Gun to their head they would want a close race for 1st, 4th, and the relegation places, but wouldn't give a shit which clubs are involved. They get their TV revenue no matter what. And they pay out prize money based on place earned in the table. So "just follow the money", which a nice sounding trope, doesn't work here at all. Explain LCFC winning the Prem a few seasons ago then. Explain Man United not finishing 3rd or higher (never Champions) just two times in the past 7 seasons when they had previously never finished below 3rd since the Premier League began in 1992 (that's 1992 to 2013 -- never once below 3rd; 5 times below 4th in seven seasons since then.) Explain LCFC in the top 4 right now. Explain WHUFC just 2 points off 4th over halfway through the season right now.

If there is such a CONSPIRACY happening to protect the "big 6" then this is the worst one orchestrated in history.

But let's think about this rescheduled match logically instead of like a raving lunatic screaming at the moon for being too bright when it is full.

1. Importantly, it is the next available midweek opening that Man City AND Everton have, so I'm sure that was tempting to get it done and over with ASAP considering we don't know how the rest of the season will play out with postponements.
  2. Before this scheduled match Everton play a Sat - Wed - Sun schedule. Man City play a Sun - Wed - Sat schedule. I struggle to see either club having an advantage due to fixture congestion between right now and Feb 17th.
  3. Everton play Fulham before the rescheduled match, Man City play Spurs. Nobody would argue that is an easier previous fixture for MCFC than EFC. Everton could feel better about rotation of their squad than Man City this matchweek.
  4. Everton play Liverpool after the rescheduled match, Man City play Arsenal. Liverpool the more "important" fixture given the derby and probably harder as well, although LFC playing like poop recently. Also, both LFC and AFC play in Europe midweek, reducing any "advantage" a resting club would have enjoyed from this rearranged fixture.

But let's look at other options the PL had for this rescheduling...

• Can't do Feb 9-11 due to FA Cup fixtures
  • Can't do Feb 23-25 as Man City play in CL vs M'gladbach
  • Can't do Mar 2-4 as Everton's match v Soton was already moved to MNF, March 1 -- and if the Prem moved this fixture to Feb 27 and slotted in EFC v MCFC on Mar 3/4 then you would have lost your mind and claimed FOUL! at that too.

So next (only other soonish) possibility would be March 9-11. Weekend before MCFC play MUFC on that Saturday and EFC play Chelsea on that Saturday. Weekend after MCFC play Fulham on Saturday and EFC play Burnley that Saturday. (I'm not sure if March fixtures have been moved for TV yet or not - but given MCFC v MUFC is still scheduled for 3pm GMT on a Saturday, I'm thinking they haven't been, so I'm sure these dates will change.) And again, I'm sure the decision of when to reschedule this match was done by giving weight to getting it over and done with so it isn't hanging over the league come April/May should something have come up in March to postpone it again.

If you look for a conspiracy then you're likely to find "evidence" of one. Oswald acted alone. 9/11 wasn't an inside job. It really isn't butter.

Totally Unofficial 2020/21 Premier League Thread (NWT)

DV7 it’s also rumored that the Liverpool-Leipzig match probably isn’t happening that week due to COVID restrictions. So Liverpool now get a week off, and Everton get a midweek match against the league leaders.

How does that impact the PL financially? Well getting Liverpool into a CL spot makes the league more money. They are a bigger brand who sell more advertising. Your club gets similar protection.

And yes it’s a crowded schedule, but as you pointed out there are plenty of other ways to not schedule this game 60-65 hours before Everton play at the defending league champions and their biggest rival. The scheduling of the match hurts Everton more than any other club involved, and that was intentional.

Maybe one day you’ll grow up and understand that when their is money involved there is always a motive.

Last edited:
DV7 it’s also rumored that the Liverpool-Leipzig match probably isn’t happening that week due to COVID restrictions. So Liverpool now get a week off, and Everton get a midweek match against the league leaders.

How does that impact the PL financially? Well getting Liverpool into a CL spot makes the league more money. They are a bigger brand who sell more advertising. Your club gets similar protection.

And yes it’s a crowded schedule, but as you pointed out there are plenty of other ways to not schedule this game 60-65 hours before Everton play at the defending league champions and their biggest rival. The scheduling of the match hurts Everton more than any other club involved, and that was intentional.

Maybe one day you’ll grow up and understand that when their is money involved there is always a motive.

It just saddens me that people act like this when their is money involved. Just once I'd like for people to not put they're own financial interests first. But whatever when it comes to the Premier League, right? There stupid.

Last edited:
It just saddens me that people act like this when their is money involved. Just once I'd like for people to not put they're own financial interests first. But whatever when it comes to the Premier League, right? There stupid.

Glad that my grammatical error could end our pointless argument. We view the world, and the PL, through very different lenses.

Anyways hopefully that little shit Bruno gets kicked up and down the pitch tomorrow. I’d play Holgate at DM just for that purpose, but that’s unlikely. With Allan still out, our side is just far too nice. Although I guess Richy could track back and put a two footer on him.

Back