• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

lol brasky we are gonna get STEAMROLLED by city whenever we play them

Glad that my grammatical error could end our pointless argument. We view the world, and the PL, through very different lenses.

Anyways hopefully that little shit Bruno gets kicked up and down the pitch tomorrow. I’d play Holgate at DM just for that purpose, but that’s unlikely. With Allan still out, our side is just far too nice. Although I guess Richy could track back and put a two footer on him.

Sounds like you want a hard bastard in your side that wants nothing more than to win.

You don't dislike Bruno Fernandes, you just wish he wore different laundry on match day.

Sounds like you want a hard bastard in your side that wants nothing more than to win.

You don't dislike Bruno Fernandes, you just wish he wore different laundry on match day.

Bruno’s not a hard bastard. He’s a petulant little shit. Big difference.

When he’s your petulant little shit, it’s okay though. Trust me we have Richarlison.

lol brasky we are gonna get STEAMROLLED by city whenever we play them

It’s not the City matchup, it’s that they manipulated the schedule at the last second to give us the least rest humanly possible before the Derby. I’d honestly rather us just play the U23s against City now. We’re not winning the match regardless of when it’s played.

It’s not the City matchup, it’s that they manipulated the schedule at the last second to give us the least rest humanly possible before the Derby. I’d honestly rather us just play the U23s against City now. We’re not winning the match regardless of when it’s played.
Narrator voice: nothing was manipulated

Without a transparent report on the decisions behind matches getting postponed it's hard to know why the Villa and City matches weren't played at the time they were (same with any of the postponed matches). It's a nightmare trying to reschedule these with an already crowded fixture list and several competitions still happening that don't collaborate well on scheduling. I don't really see this as insidious on behalf of the league; there's not going to be a good time to play City, and if the manager is smart he'd rest the starters and play them at the weekends. Something tells me Pep will rotate his players. And Liverpool isn't exactly a picture of health right now either; I like our chances in that match for the first time since I can remember.

Translated: Brasky, you're talking like a damn lunatic. Stop it.

I'm broadly sympathetic to Brasky's takes in this thread (especially around players that are dirty pieces of shit), but also don't think it takes a conspiracy to make Everton suck sometimes. Like, to me it was always going to be more important that we got Allan healthy for the City and Villa matches than when they were rescheduled. One thing I like about Ancelotti is he isn't a whiny little turd like Klopp or Andy Serkis and doesn't tend to complain about fixtures scheduling.

I'm broadly sympathetic to Brasky's takes in this thread (especially around players that are dirty pieces of shit), but also don't think it takes a conspiracy to make Everton suck sometimes. Like, to me it was always going to be more important that we got Allan healthy for the City and Villa matches than when they were rescheduled. One thing I like about Ancelotti is he isn't a whiny little turd like Klopp or Andy Serkis and doesn't tend to complain about fixtures scheduling.

I guess if you're sympathetic to Brasky's non-sensical hysteria, it's not a big leap to view Klopp as a "whiny little turd."

When my manager complains about the wind or tv broadcasters or both having a longer break and a shorter break in the same season I’ll be sure to check back in and apologize

Klopp does complain a lot. I don't think that's even arguable.

Amad Diallo has 3 goals and 4 assists in his first two matches for Uniteds U23s in Premier League 2.

Can't wait to see him play for the first team!

Oh man, beck and gooner might not have lived thru that Martinez/Laca incident called for a foul on Laca and not a pen (it was a pen, IMO)

RIP

Aston Villa have completed their league double over Arsenal for the first time since 1992/1993:

• 3-0
• 1-0

Two clean sheets for former Arsenal GK, Emiliano Martínez.

Newcastle down to 9 men (red card and then an injury after all 3 subs used) but leading Soton 3-2. The Toon hanging on here would be a massive 3 points for Steve Bruce.

Newcastle down to 9 men (red card and then an injury after all 3 subs used) but leading Soton 3-2. The Toon hanging on here would be a massive 3 points for Steve Bruce.

I’m biased, of course, but that was incredible effort to watch. Not sure how we’re going to field a defensive back line in our next two matches (Chelsea and Man United - FUN!) with all our injuries.

Hayden looked fantastic the final 10-15 mins for you guys. He closed down so many chances for Southampton before they fully developed plus that clearance off the line from the Ings shot -- I'm not sure that wouldn't have been overturned to no foul by VAR should it have gone in the net.

Well I think I agree with graeme for the first time maybe ever: that was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Mike Dean is a joke

Back