• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Mason thought the goalie was set, so he blew his whistle. He wasn’t set, obviously, so they just decided to have a do over through VAR.

Ha the goalie was clearly not set. Just a huge fuckup from the referee.

Apparently his first whistle was to stop play even though play was already stopped. Absurd. If this happened to Liverpool I would be very perturbed. Angry even.

Lee Mason constantly wiping his flop sweat during the whole ordeal didn't make him look any more competent.

Ok, Lee. Now call off the goal. And then award it. And then call it off again.
giphy.gif

English refs continue to make VAR look as horrid as possible

MLS refs are not great, and I have issues with FIFPro, but they are miles better than the English referees. The incompetence is unbelievable. Its maybe 1 in 4 Everton matches where I actually think the refs did well. It has actually kind of muted by grand conspiracy beliefs, the corrupt refs like Clattenburg (see his comments about Fergie) have been replaced with incompetent fools like Taylor, Dean, and Mason. Some of the newish guys are okay, but the many of the vets are just god awful, especially when it comes to VAR.

What in the holy hell... how???

That has to be a penalty.

I was pretty shocked that it wasn’t called in the flow of play but took only one look to be awarded.

Arsenal have a really bad habit of forgetting that they have to focus on defense until after the opponent has one huge chance. Sadly teams have been converting those chances at an almost 100% rate recently.

Weirdest sentence of the season: Willian has been really good today. Looks engaged and has made a few runs with the ball that we haven’t seen all season. Pepe has been excellent, too.

Holy shit is Willian.....not horrendous?

That play where Pepe refused to pass to the wide open Odegaard and dribbled right into Amartey was so fucking funny

That play where Pepe refused to pass to the wide open Odegaard and dribbled right into Amartey was so fucking funny

Pepe giveth, Pepe taketh lol. He is good for one of those a game but when it does come off it is brilliant. He has been loads better recently about not holding the ball for 8 touches and keeping play flowing though.

Back