• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

lol

sure

185810480_172919268069557_7578294546605688113_n.jpg
Wait, this is confusing. Your initial post mocked the five fans or so who celebrated City's championship. Your subsequent post was in response to one that suggested covid might be the culprit, one where as part of that response you posted a larger celebration suggesting that covid protocols weren't being observed by City fans.

Which is it?

Ummmm I think you are missing the joke in the post that even without Covid worries and at the OFFICIAL parade there was still a dearth of supporters out there for Manchester City winning the league.

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

I'm sure that the royal palace in Abu Dhabi was fucking LIT last night tho

I didn't think they would pump in over a billion euros for players plus hundreds of millions more in wages in half a decade. My bad.

I didn't think they would pump in over a billion euros for players plus hundreds of millions more in wages in half a decade. My bad.

These arguments always crack me up. Where is the line of demarcation for wages? Whatever United spend? I'm no City apologist, but I'm certain that United have historically spent more than virtually every other club (Chelsea and City being the more recent exceptions, I'd guess).

Also...this link. Is this information correct?

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

Maybe. But the stats dorks lose me when they start saying a team was unlucky with finishing all season. No they weren't. They are just bad at finishing, which is the fault of the players and the manager. Also, they got better looks than most teams because opposing teams knew they wouldn't be punished for taking more risks and being more open against them.

Not calling you out or anything like that Juice, those types of comments just bother me. XG doesn't live in a bubble.

I'm not even looking at the stats -- just saying when I watched them play they seemed better than their record

I'm not even looking at the stats -- just saying when I watched them play they seemed better than their record

its why strikers get paid the big bucks

all the pretty play means fuck all if you don't put the ball in the back of the net

I mean Neal Maupay is one of the worst finishers ever in top flight English football, it doesn’t take a stat nerd to demonstrate that, just watch him play

They’ve got maybe one player, Pascal Gross, who can strike a ball worth anything at all. Trossard is a good player but that’s not part of his game.

I mean Neal Maupay is one of the worst finishers ever in top flight English football, it doesn’t take a stat nerd to demonstrate that, just watch him play

They’ve got maybe one player, Pascal Gross, who can strike a ball worth anything at all. Trossard is a good player but that’s not part of his game.

Right. Which doesn't mean they are unlucky. They just aren't very good at football. Because the point of the game is to score.

Anyhoo its my birthday (35 woooooo) so I took the afternoon off to go watch Everton claw their way into Europe against Villa. The same Villa team we played last weekend, because the PL took four months to reschedule our COVID postponed match from January. Which feels super shady, but I digress. Headed up to Campus Gas at 1 pm to drinks some bevies and eat a Pimento Cheese Hot Dog or three, should be a great afternoon. Which means Everton will end up disappointing, I'm sure.

90th min penalty for Bruno to effectively end Liverpool's hopes of playing in the CL next season please

If it can be a dodgy decision then all the better

Cars have blocked off Liverpool's team bus from arriving at Old Trafford. Scenes.

2012 + 10 = 2021

Good to know!

Also, these are pretty much the same thing.
186491524_165398762176811_4697763032579048528_n.jpg

Bravery.

Cavani making blind side runs against the young duo of Ryhs Williams and Nathaniel Phillips. God speed, gentlemen.

That Mings high foot on DCL is as clear a red as it gets for me but whatever

Uninspiring again, +4 GD on the season isn’t European worthy imo

Back