• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Throw a flare at Michael Oliver please.

The same Michael Oliver who didn't card Jordan Pickford for his horror tackle of VVD? Yeah, he's definitely part of a conspiracy against Everton.

The same Michael Oliver who didn't card Jordan Pickford for his horror tackle of VVD? Yeah, he's definitely part of a conspiracy against Everton.

Not quite accurate. VAR decided van Dijk was offside, and therefore awarded no penalty and no red card. And then after the match when news came out about the injury, Pickford was forced to hire bodyguards to accompany him to the training ground, because lunatic Liverpool fans were sending him dozens of death threats.

Not quite accurate. VAR decided van Dijk was offside, and therefore awarded no penalty and no red card. And then after the match when news came out about the injury, Pickford was forced to hire bodyguards to accompany him to the training ground, because lunatic Liverpool fans were sending him dozens of death threats.

Umm no. You can still give a red card even if he's offside, a point which Oliver himself made after the fact when acknowledging the he had made a mistake not sending off Pickford.

Getting back to the original issue, it's profoundly ridiculous to believe that Oliver or any premier league ref is involved in a conspiracy against Everton, Arsenal or any other team.

Umm no. You can still give a red card even if he's offside, a point which Oliver himself made after the fact when acknowledging the he had made a mistake not sending off Pickford.

Getting back to the original issue, it's profoundly ridiculous to believe that Oliver or any premier league ref is involved in a conspiracy against Everton, Arsenal or any other team.

VAR evaluated the player was offside, hence no penalty was given, and they also said no clear and obvious error was made by the on field official in determining it wasn't a red card offense. It's another matter altogether that Oliver felt bad after the fact that van Dijk got hurt. But we agree on your point about conspiracy. It's incompetence, not malice.

Blatant shoulder check nowhere near the ball and 5 yards in front of the referee not given as a foul, led directly to a shot on goal 5-7 seconds later. Great.

Shitty way to end the season. But if you would have told me after the opening three games that we would be a comfortable 5th at the end of the season, I would have bitten your hand off. Seeing how close we were to Champions League is going to make it feel way worse, but we are ahead of schedule anyway. Take a few weeks off and then we get firmly into silly season which should be a real treat.

Shitty way to end the season. But if you would have told me after the opening three games that we would be a comfortable 5th at the end of the season, I would have bitten your hand off. Seeing how close we were to Champions League is going to make it feel way worse, but we are ahead of schedule anyway. Take a few weeks off and then we get firmly into silly season which should be a real treat.
Hey you never know, Spurs could still Spurs

Yeah Maguire would never do that

If mocking Ben White on a bad hamstring narrowly missing a desperation tackle and it deflecting in for an OG is where dv7 needs to be, let him be there.

Then again, Arsenal were not playing in Europe and out of the FA Cup after one match, so their fixture congestion scenario will never be easier.

VAR evaluated the player was offside, hence no penalty was given, and they also said no clear and obvious error was made by the on field official in determining it wasn't a red card offense. It's another matter altogether that Oliver felt bad after the fact that van Dijk got hurt. But we agree on your point about conspiracy. It's incompetence, not malice.

Oliver told the Daily Mail: "The thought initially was, 'it can't be a penalty because it's offside so we need to check the offside first'. I think I said to the VAR, 'if it's not offside, I'm going to give a penalty'.

We have all, myself included, not thought about the challenge as much as should have done. We could still have given offside and sent Pickford off.

We got sucked too much into going step by step as opposed to thinking of the bigger process, which was considering the challenge as well and not just the fact it can't be a penalty. We should have restarted with the offside, as we did, but with a different punishment for Jordan Pickford.

Oliver told the Daily Mail: "The thought initially was, 'it can't be a penalty because it's offside so we need to check the offside first'. I think I said to the VAR, 'if it's not offside, I'm going to give a penalty'.

We have all, myself included, not thought about the challenge as much as should have done. We could still have given offside and sent Pickford off.

We got sucked too much into going step by step as opposed to thinking of the bigger process, which was considering the challenge as well and not just the fact it can't be a penalty. We should have restarted with the offside, as we did, but with a different punishment for Jordan Pickford.

Michael Oliver has given us four red cards in the last three matches he was in the center for. Trust me, he is doing his best to atone for letting a fragile Liverpool player get hurt during an on field collision.

Last edited:
Back