• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

This Leeds season has been way more entertaining than finishing midtable last year.

And even then, last year was great because you were new to the Prem and had some fantastic matches and results against established sides.

Watching my team trudge to somewhere between 4th-7th every year while not competing for anything bigger than the FA Cup seems boring as hell to me (and will only get worse as more English teams get into the UCL), but to each their own. Boredom + being stuck with a unambitious owner probably leads to developing endless conspiracy theories, TBF

And even then, last year was great because you were new to the Prem and had some fantastic matches and results against established sides.

Watching my team trudge to somewhere between 4th-7th every year while not competing for anything bigger than the FA Cup seems boring as hell to me (and will only get worse as more English teams get into the UCL), but to each their own. Boredom + being stuck with a unambitious owner probably leads to developing endless conspiracy theories, TBF

Yeah I think that this year took a lot of the shine off of last season for us. What could have been a coming out party was turned into the realization that the club isn't ready to compete at this level yet. I blame mostly management on wasting transfer window after transfer window to address crticial needs. Constantly being stuck in the cycle of hoping for a spot in Europe every odd year and pinning your hopes on getting some excitement from domestic cups is a special type of soul crushing (see S.S.C Napoli, but at least there were the Serie B and C years that spiced things up).

Meaningful games >>>> small dopamine hit from beating midtable teams regularly but not competing for anything

Take note, Arsenal fans

We had meaningful games this year and they weren’t that fun.

And all for the end goal of getting spanked by somebody in the UCL Round of 16 yet again

That wasn’t what you said though

wasn't it, tho? shoulder to shoulder isn't a foul. Rio didn't throw an arm out, he just nudged into Freddie and knocked him off balance cleanly. Never in a million years should that be called a foul.

The biggest gripe is that Neville didn't get a yellow on his swipe at Reyes but then he probably doesn't lunge in to earn the yellow a little later.

The point being, Riley didn't cost Arsenal that match but Arsenal supporters still cry about it nearly two decades later. And that's pathetic.

wasn't it, tho? shoulder to shoulder isn't a foul. Rio didn't throw an arm out, he just nudged into Freddie and knocked him off balance cleanly. Never in a million years should that be called a foul.

The biggest gripe is that Neville didn't get a yellow on his swipe at Reyes but then he probably doesn't lunge in to earn the yellow a little later.

The point being, Riley didn't cost Arsenal that match but Arsenal supporters still cry about it nearly two decades later. And that's pathetic.

It wasn't shoulder to shoulder though, I gave you the exact time stamp. At no point does Ferdinand's shoulder ever touch Ljungberg's shoulder. But anyway, that's beside the point as both Neville and RvN should have been sent off and the penalty was a clear dive.

The sad thing is that with the state of VAR what it is, I have zero confidence those calls would be corrected nowadays either.

The next hour is going to be wild with all of these games

Harrison with the goal to make it a sure thing. Love to see it

City love to leave it late. Probably just to torment Liverpool fans

Love it!

10 years since Aguerooooo and City pull off another late comeback to win it. They are reminiscent of what watching Man Utd used to feel like when they were so dominant. No matter the circumstance there's this sense they'll have a legit chance to grind down the opponent and find a way to get what they need. At 2-1 you could feel the switch had been flipped. At 2-2 it almost felt inevitable.

No sign of the money slowing down on this league relative to others. Gonna be interesting to watch how three clubs in particular do over the next four to five years - Chelsea (new owner), Everton (b/t the owner and the Russian based business, the potential challenges to their finances coming from Burnley and the new stadium in route this is the most interesting story), Newcastle (new owner).

Back