• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Why PGMOL HQ should be treated like an Al Qaeda safehouse, a thread:

Hey at least you got an apology. Mike Riley ended the Invincibles run with the worst (most corrupt?) refereeing display in modern history and we got jack shit.

I'm trying to grasp just how many people it would take to undergo a conspiracy to help certain clubs and hurt others. That number has to be in the scores of people. And we are supposed to think that not one of them would blow the whistle? GTFOH

Why does it have to be a conspiracy? Can't it be the same thing we claim with Duke basketball, where the referees (knowingly or not) give the benefit of the doubt to the teams with the bigger fanbase/history of winning/brand name?

It's almost certainly not an intentional conspiracy to help certain teams and hurt others, but it seems silly to claim that referees treat every team the exact same in the EPL, the same way that it seems silly to claim that referees treat Duke in Cameron Indoor the same way as Wake at the Joel.

Why does it have to be a conspiracy? Can't it be the same thing we claim with Duke basketball, where the referees (knowingly or not) give the benefit of the doubt to the teams with the bigger fanbase/history of winning/brand name?

It's almost certainly not an intentional conspiracy to help certain teams and hurt others, but it seems silly to claim that referees treat every team the exact same in the EPL, the same way that it seems silly to claim that referees treat Duke in Cameron Indoor the same way as Wake at the Joel.

There's some of this, but I'd even put it down to a player level. Certain players get star treatment, plain and simple. "Fergie time" is still a thing for big clubs, sure, but what I've observed is a completely different treatment for middling players who have earned reputations than for equally (or more) dirty star players.

Maybe Everton just isn't that good and you need to stop looking for a 'bogeyman'?

ha

my friends openly mock me for being too harsh on everton, i am definitely one to blame the club first before anything else

Zaha literally chokes Gordon, no foul. Puts his hand around his neck and shoves. Calm officiating. Dig.

Zaha literally chokes Gordon, no foul. Puts his hand around his neck and shoves. Calm officiating. Dig.

Yep, they just blew an easy corner call too.

It’s 15 v 11 again today. Richy would have been sent off for what Zaha just got away with.

Kean was sent off for that offense last season.

That’s right, I was thinking it was Richy last year. He got a straight red for the lightest head to head contact ever at Bournemouth 2-3 seasons ago. Fun times.

Richy off the post!

Huge relegation fight matches underway now. Sunday can get wild if neither Burnely nor Everton pick up any points today.

Or Burnley, Everton, and Leeds can just lose all remaining matches and the bottom of the table doesn't change, which would be the opposite of wild.

Now Ayew throws a two footed scissor halfway up Gordon’s leg and it’s a yellow. Unreal.

That’s a leg breaker if I’ve ever seen one. VAR happy to let play continue.

Back