• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

It would be a fitting end to Everton’s season to stay up on points and then get some sort of points sanction from financial mismanagement and go down anyway. Nobody in this league does less spending more than Everton.

I tend to think that challenge goes no where (if it even happens). The whole covid situation and stadium spend has got to be cloudy as all get out - it's not easy to prove books are cooked.

I'm more interested in what happens with the main owner given the situation with Russia. I know he's Iranian, but the key business he owns is Russian based which raises all sorts of potential issues for him and therefore the club if the political situation in Russia doesn't change significantly -

- Russia has a ton of currency controls in place right now - e.g. businesses have to convert 80% of their hard currency to Rubles - to keep the Ruble artificially afloat
- Parties looking not to do business with Russia based companies
- Does he potentially become sanctioned bc of his ties to the Russian oligarch who is being sanctioned. I honestly wonder if he's just a proxy for that oligarch given how so much of the corruption in Russia appears to be structured

That adds up to a big potential heap of uncertainty. Does he look to sell the club regardless or in light of all the above. If so, when.

It is certainly an incredibly appealing club to own given the Liverpool rivalry, the history, the new stadium coming on line, etc.

Wish Moshiri would go the way of Usmanov and Abramovich.

Good to see that during the wildness of yesterday's matches that the United players remained fully committed to not doing anything worth noting. Thank fuck the season is over and there is no quadrouple.

It happened again.
76ae51bfe63aad43491f100bfa500ba3.jpg

Ralf was desitned to fail at United

What a fucking mess.

I hope they don't do this same bullshit to EtH.

https://theathletic.com/3326843/202...d-inside-ralf-rangnick-spell-interim-manager/

At the beginning of the new year Fletcher relayed the message that United — meaning owner Joel Glazer, Richard Arnold and Murtough — did not view January as a good period to do business. Arnold was by now in the process of taking over from Woodward as chief executive and additionally felt it imprudent to sanction tens of millions of pounds to an interim manager when top four, rather than the title, had become the objective.

A strategy meeting early in January led by head of recruitment Steve Brown spelt out United’s approach. Long-term targets were discussed without any decisions being taken, a consistent theme of recent years.

It left Rangnick perplexed at the lack of conviction.

Holy shitsnacks, Joe Lewis/ENIC is injecting €150m into Spurs, largely to back Conte's transfer aims. This is unprecedented by him. Let's fucking go.

FWIW, my team of the year. Guys at the same position listed by my thoughts on who was best first. Put a defensive midfielder in there. Picked the front line without regard to wide vs. striker vs. someone who plays a bit deeper. Went 4-3-3 but not married to it for selections. Curious who others would pick.

GK - Sa - Wolves (insane shot stopper)

CB - Hanley - Norwich (Under appreciated player on a crap team)
CB - van Dijk - Pool (Best in the league)
OB - Cancelo - City (Great all-around player)
OB - Alexander-Arnold - Pool (Unreal athlete and probably best RB in the world)

MF - De Bruyne - City (Player of the Year)
MF - Rodri - City (Well known and still underrated)
MF - Bernardo Silva - City (Guy does it all)

F - Son - Spurs (I believe he didn't have a single goal from the spot)
F - Ronaldo - ManU (Timeless. Great season)
F - Salah - Pool (Incredible all around offensive player)

Jarrod Bowen and Bukayo Saka might make my list, otherwise a lot of chalk

GK - Sa

LB - Cancelo
CB - Salisu
CB - Romero
RB - TAA

MF - Rodri
MF - Norgaard
MF - Mount

FW - Salah
FW - Son
FW - Bowen

Wouldn't have considered Salisu, but phew those are some eye popping stats for a 23 year old. Those pressure stats for a CB are wild.

GK - Sa

LB - Cancelo
CB - Salisu
CB - Romero
RB - TAA

MF - Rodri
MF - Norgaard
MF - Mount

FW - Salah
FW - Son
FW - Bowen

I would have Saka over Bowen and KDB over Norgaard but otherwise this is pretty solid

Back