• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

deacvision7

Mod Emeritus
Reaction score
Now that silly season, WINTER EDITION, is behind us, we can concentrate on the run-in of the season.

Will Man United end the horrid 7 year wait for #21? I vote yes!

Smart to start a new thread, the other one was dragging. Thanks DV7.

I've been in hiding since Everton's listless performance on the weekend, but am back and 100% on the Josh King bandwagon now! The Athletic article and his 6 month contract got me hyped. And I can't wait for the passion and genius of Bielsa to rip us apart this afternoon. Again.

Anyhoo I just caught up on the old PL thread and I'm definitely like all the other American Everton fans who selected the club because it wasn't front running to do so but also I didn't want to deal with the Championship. Which was impossible to watch back in 2013. Throw in Howard and Donovan (on loan) and I was sold.

Also the older non-front running Liverpool fan narrative is such BS. Any Liverpool fan who jumped on board 10-15 years ago is 100% because of Istanbul. When they won the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. Sorry Pool fanbois, but you're all glory hunters.

Last edited:
I chose Newcastle because, as a Wake fan, I just love my sports with a generous side of losing and disappointment.

Kidding (sort of) - I chose them because I didn't want to be a big six front-runner and I thought the club was big enough, with a passionate enough fan base, that they might be able to catch lightning in a bottle every now and then. Hasn't panned out (yet) but it's much more fun when you pin your loyalty to one club. A third relegation in twelve years would be tough, though, not gonna lie. At least it's much easier to watch English Championship football now. :noidea:

Thank you for starting a new thread, dv7, the old one was breaking my computer

I'm still impressed that ManU managed to put nine up today in a PL game.

Why?

Leading scorers in the Premiership. Leading scorers from open play (minus free kick, penalty, and counter attack goals) as well.

I chose Newcastle because, as a Wake fan, I just love my sports with a generous side of losing and disappointment.

Kidding (sort of) - I chose them because I didn't want to be a big six front-runner and I thought the club was big enough, with a passionate enough fan base, that they might be able to catch lightning in a bottle every now and then. Hasn't panned out (yet) but it's much more fun when you pin your loyalty to one club. A third relegation in twelve years would be tough, though, not gonna lie. At least it's much easier to watch English Championship football now. :noidea:

Newcastle should be a much more competitive club than they actually are in all honesty. Just a very poorly run club given all the advantages it does have (rabid fan base, large stadium, plenty of revenue {usually top half of league}, etc.)

Just a very poorly run club given all the advantages [Newcastle] does have (rabid fan base, large stadium, plenty of revenue.

With young geordies, it's more likely to be STDs than rabies.

Leeds laid a new pitch two days ago and this LEE-EVE match looks likes its being played on ice. It has been a fairly wide open match so players so far are going down left and right.

Now that silly season, WINTER EDITION, is behind us, we can concentrate on the run-in of the season.

Will Man United end the horrid 7 year wait for #21? I vote yes!

City are favorites imo. They're starting to make it look easy the way Pep's teams do when they're rolling. Long way to go and United, Liverpool and Leicester are all right there but City the best team right now.

Leeds laid a new pitch two days ago and this LEE-EVE match looks likes its being played on ice. It has been a fairly wide open match so players so far are going down left and right.

Has been a shitshow

Two good goals for Everton though

Let’s hang on please

City are favorites imo. They're starting to make it look easy the way Pep's teams do when they're rolling. Long way to go and United, Liverpool and Leicester are all right there but City the best team right now.

They are the odds-on favorite, for sure. They've spun off 14 wins in a row so there is no doubting their current form.

Newcastle should be a much more competitive club than they actually are in all honesty. Just a very poorly run club given all the advantages it does have (rabid fan base, large stadium, plenty of revenue {usually top half of league}, etc.)

No argument there. When your primary objective each and every season is simply "to stay up" that lack of ambition will always be self-limiting.

Lingard looking great in his debut. Now going to get really interesting bc bowen can't be dropped so it's gotta be fornals. Townie, we've finally found someone Moyes LOVES more than Pablo. DV7 was RIGHT

Strange lineup today with Fredericks in midfield was surely to provide double coverage on Grealish, and it's working to great effect. Coufal and Fredericks just passing him off to each other and he's had to come all the way across the pitch to get some space on the ball

gt5p2hw3l4f61.jpg

Only one of these was a red.

1 goal and no injuries or significant delays in the second half but Everton are up a goal so it’s an automatic five mins of extra time.

That smokey room crew in Stanley Park need a good collective ass beating.

EtQTN8HXEAQeaR7

Let's keep in mind that this was NOT a penalty in the same game.

Back