• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Rafa winning a trophy in his first match in charge! Everton! Watch out league!

Rafa winning a trophy in his first match in charge! Everton! Watch out league!

Rafa comes in and wins our first silverware in 26 years. Florida Cup! Instant impact!

I follow a lot of guys who made the trip and it looked like a great weekend. I’m hoping we return in a year or two when there’s less COVID and my son is older.

Spurs complete Gollini on loan and Lamela for Gil swap. Pretty excited to see Gil but will miss Coco so damn much

:eek:

:eek:

Here we have another classic example of continental press vs english press on prices. I'm sure the figure Orstein is quoting here comes from Manchester sources and Di Marzio (and now Romano) are getting their figures from Real Madrid.

https://theathletic.com/news/manche...-raphael-varane-from-real-madrid/gS4jI2NasVMY

@Townie -- yeah, Pogba to PSG does have a solid chance of happening so just slot in VdB there or Camavinga if that transfer happens (since he ain't going to Spain...nobody there can apparently afford transfer fees!). I could also seeing United just biting the bullet and telling Pogba he can leave for free at the end of the year but he better produce or he isn't going to get the pay day that he and Riola expect. There has to be a big time desire in the club right now to make this coming season the one where big trophies return to Old Trafford. An inspired Pogba could be instrumental in that. Then he can wonder off to Paris or Spain to collect his last huge contract deal.

What can you tell me about Manchester United’s Axel Tuanzebe? Just read that Newcastle are possibly interested and have been linked.

What can you tell me about Manchester United’s Axel Tuanzebe? Just read that Newcastle are possibly interested and have been linked.

I rate him highly but he needs more confidence which can only come with playing time. Would love to see him go out on loan to a PL side. If he gets a run of games I suspect he could become one of Newcastle's most important players. He had a big performance in Paris against PSG with Mbappe and Neymar coming down his side while in a back 3.

Spurs just sold Toby for more than they paid for him, which is kind of nuts. Heading to the Qatari league helps.

United confirm that a deal has been reached with Real Madrid for Varane!

Only 35 million pounds! What a bargain for him even if he's in the last year of his contract.

Sancho + Varane for less that it would have cost for just Sancho last summer. That's... good business? Who is this Manchester United recruitment team and how can I fund keeping Ed Woodward locked up in a basement somewhere?

Disagree. They have a lot of talent and had a lot of good fortune last year. Yet, they were never in contention for the title and finished 5 points ahead of a shitshow Liverpool.

I’m not trolling, but I think he’s an average coach and United is capable of bringing in someone much better. On paper it’s one of the top 5 jobs in the world. Maybe top 3. So as a fan of a team other than United, I view it as good news when they take actions that limit their ability to meet their full potential. I’d be in favor of a lifetime contract for Ole.

Solskjaer has the 3rd best winning % all time of Manchester United managers (and it is even better since signing Bruno). The club has returned to its core ethos, dead weight has been shipped off or minimized, quality player recruitment has been happening, and he has a strong record vs. other top managers in the Prem.

Combined record vs Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti, Poch, Jose, and Tuchel: W12 D8 L7. Winning % of 44% and losing % of just 26%.

I would argue that Ole is underrated if anything.

Solskjaer has the 3rd best winning % all time of Manchester United managers (and it is even better since signing Bruno). The club has returned to its core ethos, dead weight has been shipped off or minimized, quality player recruitment has been happening, and he has a strong record vs. other top managers in the Prem.

Combined record vs Pep, Klopp, Ancelotti, Poch, Jose, and Tuchel: W12 D8 L7. Winning % of 44% and losing % of just 26%.

I would argue that Ole is underrated if anything.

We'll find out this season, won't we? No excuses. Money is no object for United this year (not sure it really ever has been). The pressure is truly on.

We'll find out this season, won't we? No excuses. Money is no object for United this year (not sure it really ever has been). The pressure is truly on.

I'm just happy that the club isn't being taken for a ride in the transfer market anymore. That gives me hope that *IF* we do sell Pogba that we will get a decent return for him. ~50mil pounds or so?

Lingard could be a fantastic squad option if Ole really in convinced he can help and not just posturing in the press. But if he is posturing then 25mil+ for Lingard feels right as well. If those happen, bring in Camavinga and Trippier as the deadline gets closer and the former realizes he isn't going to get his Spain switch this season and the latter's club decides to cash in on a 30 something outside back.

That would be one of the best summers in terms of United transfers in recent memory.

This 100% RE: Varane
This doesn't happen 5 years ago. Or even 10 years ago.

A multiple time CL winning and WC winning center back just joined Manchester United. For a relatively measly 35 mil pounds at just 28 years old. Has 3 or 4 years left at the top minimum!

It's extraordinary business!

Fantasy League:
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/8dv8ni

Hello,
For the 2021/22 Fantasy Premier League why don't you join my mini-league "OGBoards PL Fantasy League"?
Joining the league couldn't be easier. Simply use the link below and you'll be added automatically after you've entered the game.
League Code: 8dv8ni
Looking forward to playing against you this season!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What a fucking hit!

Last edited:
I love when the announcer says "Andreas Pereira always has a goal like that in his locker." Uh, what bruh?

Back