• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I do agree that any gambler asking Xhaka to wait until the 80th min to be booked is a bit of a psycho.

Bailly takes a terrible pen (no look, weird hop) that is saved and Egypt goes through in the AFCON

Salah out for longer for Liverpool. Bailly is a 3D chess player.

Took Amad Diallo 5 mins to score in his debut for Rangers

Think that loan will work out quite well for him

Well it looks like Mason Greenwood won’t play another game in his career. Will not post the tweets because graphic imagery but it’s very bad and I hope he is brought to Justice very quickly.

Well it looks like Mason Greenwood won’t play another game in his career. Will not post the tweets because graphic imagery but it’s very bad and I hope he is brought to Justice very quickly.
Yeah, that doesn't look good at all and I'm devastated for the lady involved.

Just awful and Mason should be ashamed if what seems to be true is indeed true.

Lampard, Van de Beek, and Dele in.

The most promising part of all this so far is that Frank will play the youth. Hoping he’s got absolutely no use for the likes of Delph, Gbamin, Tosun, Rondon, etc with the youth and new players coming in.

I can't see United letting Lingard go today now that Greenwood's career is over (rightfully) and Martial already gone as well as Amad. Just 3 wingers in the team without Lingard staying (Rashford, Sancho, and Elanga)

What an abnormal deal structure for the Dele transfer

What an abnormal deal structure for the Dele transfer

Correct me I'm wrong, Townie, but I don't believe Everton has 20 games left on their schedule this season unless they win 2 more FA Cup games. So in theory, even if Alli plays every game the rest of the season, Everton isn't on the hook until next season.

Also I imagine any incentives/performance-based clauses that would cause the fee to reach $35-40M would be incredibly hard to achieve (win PL, Alli in TOTY, goals/assists, etc.) in totality. Likely this turns into around a $20M deal when all is said and done, which is a decent fee for Tottenham and not egregious for Everton.

Not gonna lie, really sad about Dele. Wanted him to succeed here so badly but he just never kicked on and seemed to be set adrift after Poch left. Still hate to see him go.

Happy for Christian to be back in the PL with a chance to play! Would have loved to have seen him in a Spurs shirt again, even tho it didn't totally make sense.

Gotta give credit where it's due, no one on the planet is better at giving away a player for free than Edu

I said the same to friends earlier, but these appearance based contract clauses seem like a conflict of interest to me. In the win-win scenario, I suppose it isn't a conflict of interest, meaning if he makes a ton of appearances, it's probably because he's crushing it, in which case he's worth money, and both clubs are happy. But in the far likelier scenario given the trajectory of his career, if he's struggling, why wouldn't the club bench him and forego appearance fees?

Maybe he can have a Demari Gray type career turnaround at Everton, it would be welcome, obviously, as we're in desperate need of goals and quality players.

As I also said to friends today (sorry wakephan09 and df2009 for repeating myself here), I really, really hope Frank also gives some of the young midfielders coming out of the academy their fair chance too. He's not a midfielder, but we are on the precipice of losing Lewis Dobbin, and some much better clubs than Everton are after him. Really hope Frank can find minutes for him in attack, and there's no reason he shouldn't be able to ahead of the likes of Tosun and Rondon, so he'll agree to a contract extension. Everton have a poor track record with our youth not renewing contracts and having success elsewhere in recent years.

I said the same to friends earlier, but these appearance based contract clauses seem like a conflict of interest to me. In the win-win scenario, I suppose it isn't a conflict of interest, meaning if he makes a ton of appearances, it's probably because he's crushing it, in which case he's worth money, and both clubs are happy. But in the far likelier scenario given the trajectory of his career, if he's struggling, why wouldn't the club bench him and forego appearance fees?

Maybe he can have a Demari Gray type career turnaround at Everton, it would be welcome, obviously, as we're in desperate need of goals and quality players.

As I also said to friends today (sorry wakephan09 and df2009 for repeating myself here), I really, really hope Frank also gives some of the young midfielders coming out of the academy their fair chance too. He's not a midfielder, but we are on the precipice of losing Lewis Dobbin, and some much better clubs than Everton are after him. Really hope Frank can find minutes for him in attack, and there's no reason he shouldn't be able to ahead of the likes of Tosun and Rondon, so he'll agree to a contract extension. Everton have a poor track record with our youth not renewing contracts and having success elsewhere in recent years.

Agreed 100% about Frank bringing the kids through, but Dobbin signed a 3.5 year contract the other day. Really happy to keep him. It started to leak out like 12 hours after Rafa got canned. So he hated Rafa as much as the rest of us. Its hard to put in to words how much of a cancer Benitez was. Just a horrible POS, who tried to alienate half the club and squad and set himself up to be some kind of savior. Hopefully he fucks off forever.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2464251/dobbin-signs-new-everton-deal

Excited about Dele, could see him having a Demarai like career revival. More excited about Donny VBD, wish there was an option to buy. There is a class player there.

Im guessing a hybrid of both, depending who he pairs with, Allan or Doucoure. Hopefully more of a 6, as neither of those two likes to sit.

I am loving how Ralf is handling players through the media. Martial didn't want to play and Ralf called that out. Lingard now wants a break (after spending a few days in Dubai...) and Ralf just mentions it saying that Lingard isn't mentally ready to play. R

Ralf isn't about coddling these overgrown babies. And I'm here for it.

And then there is this *chef's kiss*

Rangnick was asked whether he feels he can get the best out of Pogba. “I don’t know,” he said. “I’m happy to have him back in the squad and he might be playing from the start tomorrow. I see his best possible position for me as one of the central midfield positions — either an 8 or a 10 — but the way we’re currently playing, I’d rather see him in the No 8 position. But we’ll have to see.
“It’s up to him now his contract is expiring in the summer, and (whether), in the end, he would like to stay or go somewhere else, he has to show up. It’s not only in the interest for us as a club but it’s in his personal interest that he plays and performs at the highest possible level in the next couple of weeks.”

Translated: shut up and perform.

dying (the pic is zoomed in the html embed and must be opened)

Back