• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Covid-Ravaged BC: Wednesday 7 pm ACCN

Neath is perplexing. My issue with his turnovers are they are typically head scratchers. Last night I think he lost the ball on his own dribbling and then coughed it up on the press, I think (or maybe that was the DuBose TO after he saved him).

He was 4-6 from 2 going to the hoop, but he goes 0-4 from 3. Before last night he was 5-15 from 3, so technically a good percentage but not a top volume shooter from 3, but he kept going to the well. After last night he's shooting 5-19 or 26%. Of course we've had other guys not shoot well and then make 6-8 in a game.

Hopefully DuBose was just gassed at the end of the game making it more effective against him.

I want Neath to do well, but it does scare me when he has the ball.

I think Neath, Mucius, Massoud and Oguama tend to get more criticism because they are the only holdovers from last season. People forget they are three sophomores and a junior. If you compare their stats from last season to this season., all have shown measurable improvement except Neath who has far more competition for minutes. If they show the same improvement next year, this will be a winning basketball team.

Last edited:
Something else is when Williamson plays with Whitt, Whitt is the primary ballhandler. When he plays with Neath, Neath is the primary ballhandler. You commit more TOs by having the ball more.
Williamson has the ball most often no matter who is in the game. He has shown to be our best player.

I think Neath, Mucius, Massoud and Oguama tend to get more criticism because they are the only holdovers from last season. People forget they are three sophomores and a junior. If you compare their stats from last season to this season., all have shown measurable improvement except Neath who has far more competition for minutes. If they show the same improvement next year, this will be a winning basketball team.

I don't think I have seen any Ody criticism. That dude is awesome.

FWIW, I like Neath, and think he has a role on the team. My only question was: in the last 7 minutes of the BC game when WF's double digit lead was evaporating why Neath was the one guy that stayed on the floor without a break when everyone else subbed in and out? Neath was far from the only reason why the WF lead was cut to 1, but just questioned why Forbes rotated everyone else, but Neath, when Neath was just as culpable for WF's problems at the end as everyone else. That includes "Forbes" recruits like Williamson and Whitt, and holdovers like Isaiah and Massoud.

Don't see anyone on this thread as "attacking" certain players. We are all fans and it's fair to point up players attributes and liabilities.

I think you look at the stats and you can see why Neath, Mucius and Massoud are criticized at times and it is for turnovers and perhaps shot selection. Neath and Massound are both around 36 percent shooting. Ody has been a bright spot for sure. I do think Mucius is a team leader and starting to play smarter.

Williamson has the ball most often no matter who is in the game. He has shown to be our best player.

You must not have watched the BC game or the one before it. Any time Whitt is in the game, he's the primary ballhandler.

You must not have watched the BC game or the one before it. Any time Whitt is in the game, he's the primary ballhandler.

you are wrong again. watched both. in a five out offense or if there are four out, you have alot of cutters and ball handlers. I will bet you when both Williamson and Whitt are in the game, Whitt does not dominate time with the ball. Williamson certainly creates more, scores more, and has more assists when both are on the court, that I can assure you.

FWIW, I like Neath, and think he has a role on the team. My only question was: in the last 7 minutes of the BC game when WF's double digit lead was evaporating why Neath was the one guy that stayed on the floor without a break when everyone else subbed in and out? Neath was far from the only reason why the WF lead was cut to 1, but just questioned why Forbes rotated everyone else, but Neath, when Neath was just as culpable for WF's problems at the end as everyone else. That includes "Forbes" recruits like Williamson and Whitt, and holdovers like Isaiah and Massoud.

Don't see anyone on this thread as "attacking" certain players. We are all fans and it's fair to point up players attributes and liabilities.

I wondered this myself.

you are wrong again. watched both. in a five out offense or if there are four out, you have alot of cutters and ball handlers. I will bet you when both Williamson and Whitt are in the game, Whitt does not dominate time with the ball. Williamson certainly creates more, scores more, and has more assists when both are on the court, that I can assure you.

I didn't say scores more. Watch the past couple of games. When both are on the court, Williamson is on the wing and Whitt starts on top.

I didn't say scores more. Watch the past couple of games. When both are on the court, Williamson is on the wing and Whitt starts on top.

it really doesn't matter where they start. it is a motion offense and either Williamson or Whitt can bring the ball up and start things. All I am saying is that the ball will be in Williamson's hands more often then anybody else for good reason.

One thing for Mucius is he probably needs to be a bit more selfish. I think he defers to others most of the game then seems to be able to turn it on.

Back