• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Covid-Ravaged BC: Wednesday 7 pm ACCN

Al Skinner took the BC program as high as it will ever go. No chance they ever surpass where he had them. That was absolutely their ceiling and he deserves WAY more credit for doing what he did in Chesnut Hill. I hated when Wake had to play his teams, but Skinner was a legend.

ETA:
Skinner's record at BC: (97/98-09/10) 247-165 with 7 tournament app's

BC's record since: (10/11-present) 130-204 with 0 tournament app's

barring a miracle, BC will post the worst 10-year league winning percentage in modern ACC history (Bz/Manning have WF in the top 2)

dang kenpom projects our DEACS losing out

tonight (40% chance to win) and nc state (42%) as our best bets to get to 9 wins

Al Skinner took the BC program as high as it will ever go. No chance they ever surpass where he had them. That was absolutely their ceiling and he deserves WAY more credit for doing what he did in Chesnut Hill. I hated when Wake had to play his teams, but Skinner was a legend.

ETA:

I can't believe they fired him.

ETA:

College bball is near the bottom of the barrel in New England sports. On top of this is being in the ACC is of little interest in the region. They don't give a fuck about Wake or UVA or F$U or other schools. Plus, there isn't that much top talent within 150 miles or so.

BC is, by far, the worst bball job in the ACC.

Hopefully our guys will quickly adjust to playing in an arena which resembles a foodcourt in a mall. Hopefully not too disorienting.

???

Been there for both hockey and hoops games....it was ok. Have certainly been at much worse arenas.

Agree that Conte feels like a mall food court (especially with the basketball setup).

It's a good hockey arena that they also happen to use for basketball.

BC overall has athletic facilities worse than a lot of bigger High Schools. Conte and Alumni are both absolute dumps.

BC Board is reporting that Makai Ashton-Langford (starting guard) will play tonight, but Rich Kelly (who played against the Pack) may be out with an injury. Not clear, but starter Wynston Tabbs and DeMarr Langford may still be out. Bottom line is that BC will have a more complete roster than the one that faced State, but the Eagles won't be 100%.

BC overall has athletic facilities worse than a lot of bigger High Schools. Conte and Alumni are both absolute dumps.

When we played up there in September 2017, I ended up buying 16 tickets for pretty good seats at $8 a pop and a group of friends got morning hammered (I think it may have been a 1PM start) and were just talking tons of shit to all the doofus BC students. We also won 34-10 and they were selling beer at the game. Great day.

“Morning hammered”, I like that phrase.

Haha thanks. I was trying to figure out the most accurate terminology and since it was such an early start “day drinking” just didn’t feel like it captured the full spirit.

Whitt put that dude on the floor. Nice move.

Why didn't Ody start?

DuBose looks pretty comfortable after the layoff.

Back