• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Covid-Ravaged BC: Wednesday 7 pm ACCN

Irony of this game, this was when paint touches and FT's were needed.

Irony of this game, this was when paint touches and FT's were needed.

Forbes gets to them via the outside in philosophy. Look for threes but take inside shots if the defense iverplays the outside. Ody took advantage of BC's weak inside defense.

Forbes gets to them via the outside in philosophy. Look for threes but take inside shots if the defense iverplays the outside. Ody took advantage of BC's weak inside defense.

Except against a zone where you need to get inside to be effective. Post game he mentioned the Ody not starting because of fouls but we had no inside game so he had to get him in.

ETA: Plus the great thing about Forbes is he doesn't think he can put a square peg and put it in a round hole, like our last coach. He treats each opponent as different and adopts to what he think will work given the talent he has.

Last edited:
Postgame interviews worth a listen.

Hard not to be impressed with both Ian and Ody.

Ody has improved as much as anyone has in many years.

He looks like he could legitimately become an all-ACC type player. The last player I can remember improving as much is Collins.

He looks like he could legitimately become an all-ACC type player. The last player I can remember improving as much is Collins.

Ody looks like he has been serious in the weight room as well. He looks properly jacked for a basketball player.

Ody has improved as much as anyone has in many years.

Ody is playing great, but I thought he looked pretty good from day 1 of his freshman year. His first game was at BC, and I was impressed with his touch and that he finished with both hands. He had 10 points and 7 boards in that game and looked really effective. He faded last year as the season went on, so perhaps his biggest improvement is in consistency.

Ian super impressive. i really hope he comes back next year.

Ian has shown that he can score at all three levels against three bad teams. Next several games he will get to show whether he can do that against good competition. Success or failure will help determine where he plays next year.

Ody with 5 points down the stretch and 3/4 from the line, including the big one to make it a 2 possession game with a minute left. Dubose was gassed starting with that reverse layup miss. With pretty much everyone else having an awful night offensively Ody really stepped up on the road and made sure we won an ugly game. Seemed like we just kept up the defense through the finish which was nice to see.

Ian seems like such a good dude, really hope he can be back next year. Takes the pressure off everyone.

Also another weird games stats-wise. Only 3 guys made a free throw. 4 guys who took at least 2 threes shot 0% combined. Neath continues to frustrate - one play he's using his size to drive baseline and body out his man for a nice layup, then he's missing wide open threes and turning it over during routine dribbling. It's like he can't stay focused or something, because the tools are there.

Really curious to see if we can stay in it against FSU.

Gonna need "A" games from more than two guys. Massoud needs to spend the next two days looking for his shooting touch. 0-fer won't beat FSU. The guards need to value the basketball and remember what the coaches tell them about how to break presses. Also need to be better inbounding the ball against pressure. Sometimes throwing long needs to happen.

Wake is capable of beating FSU, but almost everything would have to go right and very little go wrong on the Wake side. Conversely, FSU would need to help out by not playing their very best.

I'm optimistic that a healthy Ody, Okpomo, and Ingraham will bring out the best in all of them for 40 minutes next year. We'll get 15 fouls, maximum energy on both sides of the court, and Forbes can choose offense or defense and the hot hand. Plus we can settle with Mucius and Massoud at the 4.

Back