• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Covid-Ravaged BC: Wednesday 7 pm ACCN

i don't watch a lot of acc basketball, but i wouldn't be surprised if neath and whitt have been the two worst rotation players in the acc. but with no competent ballhandlers outside of williamson (when dubose was out), we didn't really have much of a choice.

I like Neath and think he can absolutely play a role, but I have to believe he can see the writing on the wall w/ Whitt, Williamson, McCray, and Hildreth all in the fold for '21. And if Dubose returns?

I know Forbes likes to play a ton of guys, but I see no reason why Whitt & Williamson wouldn't get 25-30 minutes each next season.

If McCray and Hildreth are as good as they look, it's unlikely there will be anywhere near 25-30 mpg for each of Whitt and Williamson. If you throw in Dubose, those minutes go down even more.

The reality is that Neath averages 0.119 turnovers per minute and Williamson averages 0.071 turnovers per minute.

That's a BIG .04 of ONE TO/minute. You'd have to play 25 minutes to make that equal 1 TO. That's beyond inconsequential.

That's a BIG .04 of ONE TO/minute. You'd have to play 25 minutes to make that equal 1 TO. That's beyond inconsequential.

It's 0.05 difference, so 2 turnovers per 40 minutes difference, which is pretty significant. Not to mention that the argument was that Williamson turns it over more per minute, which was completely wrong. Why do you LIE!!!!????

Williamson plays twice as many minutes as Neath, yet he only has 2.4 TO per game compared to 2.1 for Neath.

i don't watch a lot of acc basketball, but i wouldn't be surprised if neath and whitt have been the two worst rotation players in the acc. but with no competent ballhandlers outside of williamson (when dubose was out), we didn't really have much of a choice.

You must have missed the game last night. Some of those BC guys? Woof. I looked up Williams, who played 25 minutes last night and 25 minutes the game before, and he's averaging 1 ppg on 25% shooting.

You must have missed the game last night. Some of those BC guys? Woof. I looked up Williams, who played 25 minutes last night and 25 minutes the game before, and he's averaging 1 ppg on 25% shooting.

Hahaha Jesus that is amazing. The ACC is loaded with bad talent this year.

It's 0.05 difference, so 2 turnovers per 40 minutes difference, which is pretty significant. Not to mention that the argument was that Williamson turns it over more per minute, which was completely wrong. Why do you LIE!!!!????

Williamson plays twice as many minutes as Neath, yet he only has 2.4 TO per game compared to 2.1 for Neath.

No one plays 40 or even close...

But seriously, Whitt and Williamson will get tons of minutes next year. Daivien has been our best player and will have already played for Forbes for 3 years. Whitt is basically getting a developmental year facing legit ACC competition as a would-be HS senior. McCray and Hildreth both look good but Hildreth in particular is a big unknown in terms of level of play.

My two cents.

The Deacon lead disappeared in the second half when BC discovered they could attack the post with Mucius and Massoud at the 4 and 5. Four drives to the hoop netted two lay ups and three made free throws on two fouls by Massoud contesting lay ups. Add in a three point FG and a 61-47 lead shrinks to 61-57. Enter Oguama. I thought Forbes had come to the realization that Ody or Eman had to play the five for defensive purposes. If not, Steve got another lesson last night. One cent.

Ian Dubose is the best player on the team. Forbes has stated Ian was recruited to be the "go to player" on the team. He is. All eight of his first half points were instrumental in establishing a lead from behind or tied on the scoreboard. In the final 2:07 he collected four of the final seven defensive rebounds crucial to maintaining the lead. It's not just what he provides this team, it's when he provides it. Second penny.

But seriously, Whitt and Williamson will get tons of minutes next year. Daivien has been our best player and will have already played for Forbes for 3 years. Whitt is basically getting a developmental year facing legit ACC competition as a would-be HS senior. McCray and Hildreth both look good but Hildreth in particular is a big unknown in terms of level of play.

Hope he's not the British Tamir Goodman...

In 20 min. Neath had 2 Tos. He played much better than Williamson last night.
Williamson had an off game for him for sure. but if you look at the final 7 or 8 minutes Neath took some bad shots and mishandled the ball. If you are saying he played well during that time than we watched different games

I was going to say the same thing. They have roughly the same number of turnovers.

Last edited:
I was going to say the same thing. They have roughly the same number of turnovers.

Something else is when Williamson plays with Whitt, Whitt is the primary ballhandler. When he plays with Neath, Neath is the primary ballhandler. You commit more TOs by having the ball more.

Williamson had an off game for him for sure. but if you look at the final 7 or 8 minutes Neath took some bad shots and mishandled the ball. If you are saying he played well during that time than we watched different games

not sure anyone in black played well in the last 7 or 8 minutes (eg, 8-15 FT's in H2, multiple turnovers, Johnson/Massoud/Williamson 0-9 on 3's); that's why the worst team in the conference with 6 players almost stole the game

Neath did have some nice aggressive drives during the game. this was one of his better efforts and I'm not sure why he's being singled out to be shit upon here

I firmly believe Hildreth will be the best player in the ‘21 class. That’s nothing against Whitt or McCray (who I believe will also be great players; (especially Whitt), that’s just how sold I am on Hildreth’s scoring ability. Super excited to see a British red head take over the ACC in the next couple years.

My two cents.

The Deacon lead disappeared in the second half when BC discovered they could attack the post with Mucius and Massoud at the 4 and 5. Four drives to the hoop netted two lay ups and three made free throws on two fouls by Massoud contesting lay ups. Add in a three point FG and a 61-47 lead shrinks to 61-57. Enter Oguama. I thought Forbes had come to the realization that Ody or Eman had to play the five for defensive purposes. If not, Steve got another lesson last night. One cent.

Ian Dubose is the best player on the team. Forbes has stated Ian was recruited to be the "go to player" on the team. He is. All eight of his first half points were instrumental in establishing a lead from behind or tied on the scoreboard. In the final 2:07 he collected four of the final seven defensive rebounds crucial to maintaining the lead. It's not just what he provides this team, it's when he provides it. Second penny.

Not that it changes your second point, but Manning brought Dubose in as a transfer. Forbes may have re-recruited him, but it was Manning that got the initial commitment.

If McCray and Hildreth are as good as they look, it's unlikely there will be anywhere near 25-30 mpg for each of Whitt and Williamson. If you throw in Dubose, those minutes go down even more.

Williamson is playing 34mpg this year. I don’t think 25-30 is a stretch for next year.

Whitt is playing 20+ a game already and he’s going to be the starting PG next year (and is the level of recruit you argue we need to have to compete).

We can all play 3-guard with Dubose or Hildreth at the 3 (at times).

But obviously pointless to discuss in February.

Not that it changes your second point, but Manning brought Dubose in as a transfer. Forbes may have re-recruited him, but it was Manning that got the initial commitment.

It goes to show that even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every now and then.

Back